1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite party

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Skywind, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What is your favorite party of six which you would like to form if you are in FR? For me, It will be a human or aasimar paladin, Dwarven(any type) fighter, human ranger(myself), multi-class gnome thief/mage, any human, aasimar or any dwarven cleric and a human or elven mage.

2. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Actually I don't really care. I think that the game is good when players like their characters. At the moment we have 4 character neutral party: human fighter, dwarven ranger, human cleric and human rogue (me).

If I were in FR, I'd like to travel and adventure with people, who I like.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yup, i dont care much either.

I'd be myself... commoner lvl1. All further advancement would be totaly dependant on what i would do. A few levels of druid would certainly be present :)

As for other people... i dont give a.. poo about what their classes would be. What matters is what they have in their heads. Personality, mental stats, hobbies, religion, interests,....

Meeting people and seeing stuff. :D

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Seeing as how Wizards get such a gigantic boost in FR, I'd just go with a party of Archmages.

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Like what the fellows said above, I would travel with anyone as long as I enjoyed their company. But here is what I think a party should have anyway.

Every adventuring party should have a couple of frontliners, at least one healer, one wizard (sorcerers suck) and someone to handle the thief skills.

I would rather not have a ranger or monk. They are cool and all but do not work as well in a party.

I frequently play as a tactical fighter and secondary frontliner so I'd appreciate a barbarian as an ally. A cleric is always mandatory, preferably neutral aligned for the spontaneous healing. A wizard's spells are always potent and a rogue's skills are absolutely a must for any dungeon-delving party.

For a party of six, I'll throw in a sorcerer or a bard to be the party's diplomatic front.

Paladins need not apply. :p

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Like has been already said, the party classes doesn't really matter, it's the people behind the characters which make a good party.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    @ Shura, of course balance is good but not necesary, Once my party succefuly saved
    a sieged town with a CG Elven cleric, Son of a *)&*(&*( Man I Hated him (He was even more arrogant thab BG2'S Anomen), a LN Elven Monk, I sure hate this elf, an CG 1/2 Elf Sorcerers, He was fine we were getting drunk often! :thumb: and me a Human TN Fighter/Bard Go me!

Anyway, I also rather take a party that make SENCE, I mean two CG a LN and a TN in the same party?! That doesn't make sence!

8. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Usually four or five players and an NPC, so the DM can also interact with the party and has a way to give hints and help when the party gets stuck.
    The races and classes are entirely up to the players and are not that important, as long as they form a party that will not kill each other but will manage to work together on a common goal. Having a healer and someone with thieving skills can come in handy, but it's in no way obligatory. It's up to the players...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.