1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite PC.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bassil Warbone, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] what's your most favorite character you've created? Not the best or most powerful, but the one you enjoyed playing the most and perhaps conected with so much that you use that PC's name as your PDN here on the boards. Mine is a female Swashbuckler(5)/Fighter named Arria Sylverhand. I based her on a portrait I saw on a website that catered mostly to game portraits,It had such character that she just seemed to fit the storyline of the game and the dual class I set her up to be. :cool:

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I'm split between two that I often use.

Decados was the Paladin I first beat the game with (both unmodded and modded). His character concept has changed in my mind so much since he first came into existance- he's currently Fallen and feeling rather disillusioned.

Elith'veras was another one who had a very clear image in my mind- he's an elven Fighter/Mage who I've just taken though Tutu and am ready to start SoA with. Definitely more powerful than Decados, but I enjoy both.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Faith the Undead Slayer. No better name for a paladin and I despise undead in all forms.

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I always create human male Necromancers (I guess that makes Kuemper and I enemies).

These days I create charactors from history and try to role play them eg Saladin as a Paladin (sort of fits and rhymes :D ), Cesard as a Druid, Cúchulainn as a Berserker,.

5. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Once I played a human male sorcerer and he was very good; but my favourite is Argohir, a human male Berserker. He is nearly untouchable with ***** on long sword and *** on two weapons fighting style.

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] Johan Borusa, NG Human Male Stalker with the "canon" party and Riven, my solo CG Elven FMT. Those were a while ago, though (before I even had ToB! :eek: ). More recently there's Magpie: Human Male TN Fighter (7)/Thief (x), imported from BG1 so he starts with +++++ in Katanas and Short bows. My basic IE equation goes something like this: Backstab + Versatility = Fun. :D

7. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Gnorman the Gnome (Fighter/Illusionist)

8. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Zerox a human conjurer, he was the first i beat Baldur's Gate with after multiple computer crashes destroying my past saves.
    Favorite thing about him was his 19 strength starting SoA; i got sick of my previous mages leading from the front row and getting squished. It was oddly fun to melee with a stone skinned mage through the early parts of SoA.

9. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Grimble Gromble a chaotic neutral (always loved that alignment) Figther/Illusionist. I have always thought it was cool to cast time stop and hack the enemies.

Another favorite is Ziggy a elven sorcerer, he is a really evil anti-hero.

[ August 29, 2006, 10:25: Message edited by: Stardust ]

10. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    My favorites:
    Super Mario human berserker/cleric (with war hammer :) ) was sweet.
    Willy the Billy, the halfling swashbuckler kicks arse.
    And my f(r)iend, Hagas, fighter/thief, the guy I first finished the game with.
    Man, I love 'em ALL :D

11. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Gnomercy gnomercy gnomercy!

12. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

i usually go;
    -Half Orc Fighter/Cleric
    -Half Elf Blade
    -Human Paladin

13. Stardust Gems: 7/31

@Trellheim

Super Mario I just gotta make a PC with that name :)

14. Lodis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Bargin the Archer.

15. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have just started a game in BGtutu with a sorcerer and a wildmage (both elves) with no party. These are probably my 2 favourite classes and so far it has been a lot of fun, especially when you cast magic missile on an ankheg using the wildmage, and istead of the ankheg taing damage, 3 ogres and a demon are summoned right next to it :D . I'll never stop loving wild surges.

16. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    A Wild Mage named Kiu (just like "Q" lol) I always loved wild magic and I made a special item for him which I named Kiu's blade of Bedlam, a +1 scimitar shaped dagger with extra added range for fun.

Another character which was fun to play was my solo Half Orc female Assassin named Nihtscada (Nightshade in Old English).

17. Gregor Gems: 7/31

All my PCs are named Gregor. ;) I just think it's a good Forgotten Realms name.

I used to be partial to Rangers, and played them two out of every three run-throughs. However, since I discovered the joys of back-stabbing (i.e. finally figured out how to DO it after umpteen games), I rarely play a character anymore that isn't part thief.

I know, I know...I could play a Stalker...but "Ranger" and "back-stab" don't go together in my mind.

I've never played an evil character. Closest I've come is true neutral. I guess I love the concept of heroes so much that I can't bring myself to do any of the "evil" choices. For instance, my last run-through was the first time I ever tried the "Anomen fails his test" path. I was absolutely APPALLED by what he did at Sarek's house. He'll never fail again.

I keep telling myself that one of these games I'll side with Bodhi, but I know in my heart I never will. :(

18. Morthond Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Media:
    Morthond the gifted, elven fighter/mage/thief. Intelligent, wise, a little haughty, didn't take **** from no-one. Chaotic Good, uncompromising and impatient.

19. Stardust Gems: 7/31

Who said that a hero can't be evil?
    I have never played as chaotic evil, but I have played as neutral evil and it's sure funny to take everything you want in any maner.

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Even the female characters? :nuts: ;) Or do you only play males?
    Well, it does kind of defeat the whole concept of a hero. An anti-hero, OTOH... :evil: My favorite was Scarab (named after the soundset I used), an Elven F/T who slaughtered every joinable NPC...and quite a few that weren't. :grin: Elven archery plus the backstabbing of an F/T made him a killing machine. (Then there's Heckran, a Thief15->Fighter, but I don't think she counts since it took three games to get her levels to the point where she was a death-dealer with wings of fire.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.