1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Disney movie

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jesper898, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] After playing Kingdom Hearts I have begun watching my old Disney movies again, and they are a lot of fun :)
    I used to think that they were just for kids below the age of ten, but they are really great :)
    So which one is your favourite?
    Mine is Hercules.

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Kingdom hearts, is that where you wield a key as a sword? :rolleyes:

The video would be either Aladdin or Hercules.

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah thats Kingdom Hearts (and i still havent beaten Sephiroth :p )

4. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Mine is Mulan. The Lion King will always be dear to my heart, but I could watch Mulan again and again and never get tired of it.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    We're getting to seeall the Disney movies again, with our son. In general, I like anything pre Little Mermaid - you know, the generation of movies where it wasn't mandatory to have a wisecracking sidekick.

Favorites so far? Probably The Black Cauldron, followed by Lady and the Tramp, Robin Hood, and The Aristocats.

Our real favorite (The Secret of NIMH) isn't a Disney flick.

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I've seen almost all of them and I must say it's easy to deem the Lion King the best. It is great. (I watched it again over Christmas break). I'm sorry to say this Jesper, but Hercules is way farther down on my list with Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Fox and the Hound, Dumbo, and such :p . I hate Dumbo. I loathe Dumbo! :eek: I'd say out of the recent ones if I had to pick a runner up to the Lion King, I'd say Mulan. For just plain fun I enjoy Aladdin, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Robin Hood, The Emperor's New Groove, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and the likes. But ulitmately, so far, Lion King is the best.

Oh yeah, how could I forget Oliver and Co.?

"If this is torture, chain me to the wall!" - Tito

[ January 27, 2003, 04:06: Message edited by: Big B ]

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I Really Loved Belle and the Beast...

From the other movies a did like some caracters:
    Iago (Alladin)
    Dopey (Snowwhite)
    Alice (Alice In Wonderland)
    The Walrus (Alice In Wonderland)
    The Carpenter (Alice In Wonderland)
    The Mad hatter (Alice In Wonderland)
    The (...)cat singing "Jabberwockey" (Alice In Wonderland)

The Name a few...

8. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Did Disney do films like Monsters Inc, Ice Age, Toy Story??

I have to say that The Little Mermaid is probably one of my favourites, even though i'm a guy (come on, you have to admit that the animators did a great job of Arielle, or whatever her name was, the mermaid). Aladin is also good.

9. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] There can be only one:

The Jungle Book

Sing along with me now:
    "Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities, forget about your worries and your strife" [feel free to carry on singing to yourself]

I also love Robin Hood.

In general, the older films are far superior quality in terms of animation, and I've not seen anywhere near the all the later ones, so can't comment too much on them overall. I do like most of the old ones though, so I suppose a collection when I have kids would be in order.

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Pixar Studios did the Toy Story movies, A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., etc. They're an independent computer-animation lab that got bought by Disney but they're still operating as a wholly-owned subsidiary, AFAIK. To me, they've retained enough originality that they don't fit into the classic Disney mindset.

11. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Aladdin. Definately.

12. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

The Black Hole

13. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

• Aladdin (the first one)
    • Lion King (a classic)
    • Mulan
    • Lilo and Stitch (I can do a pretty good Stitch impression)
    • My Favorite Martian
    And something I found out from The Easter Egg Archive: Movies is that just about every animated Disney movie has a Mickey Mouse head. It tells you where to look for them.

[ January 27, 2003, 23:31: Message edited by: Tarol'azh, a.k.a.Tobias ]

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ice Age

15. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The Lion King. Aladdin would be my runner-up.

I've never seen the Black Cauldron and I'm torn as to whether I want to or not. It seems like it is an unfaithful adaptation of the Prydain Chronicles...I'm not sure if the words "Prydain Chronicles" or "unfaithful adaptation" are more powerful to me. The Book of Three is what made me like reading and the fantasy genre as a kid, I don't want anything to mess with my fond memories of those books.

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My favourite has to be the Hunchback of Notre Dame, followed closely by Aladdin and the Lion King... Of course, we cannot forget Lady and the Tramp nor the Beauty and the Beast. Those are magnificent, too.

My Top Three is, once again, based on the bad guys... What a "surprise"...

(The baddie addict)

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Definatly the lion king.

Just listen to the music, and voiceacting.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Aladdin rules! *starts singing the Prince Ali song*

19. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The Emperor's New Groove was the best for me.

20. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

shrek rules!

oh wait.. that's not disney!

ermm I guess Oliver and Co.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.