1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Film Quotes

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    People can post their favourite quotes from films. As a bit of a game, let's not give away the names of the films the quotes are from so people can try and guess them.

I'll kick off...

[character surveying selection of guns on table] "Heh, an uzi? I'm not from south central Los-fackin'-Angeles. I didn't come here to shoot 20 black 10 year olds in a fackin' drive-by; I want a normal gun for a normal person."

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That's a good idea. I can't tell which movie you're quoting though.

Here is mine: "I may be bad... but I feel good!"

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Barmy's is Ralph Fiennes from 'In Bruges'. hah, classic line.

One of my faves that springs to mind right now is:

"You wanna know how I did it? This is how I did it Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back."

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    A very short marriage ceremony on board a ship:

By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William II, I pronounce you man and wife. Proceed with the execution.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Gattica (great movie)

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age

6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

My favourites are:

"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow"

"I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round through a flea's ass at 200 meters"

"You have bled with Wallace, now bleed with me"

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Brig. Gen. Frank Savage: ... Gately, as far as I'm concerned, you're yellow. A traitor to yourself, to this group, to the uniform you wear. It would be the easiest course for me to transfer you out, to saddle some unsuspecting guy with a deadbeat. Maybe you think that's what you're gonna get out of this, a free ride in some combat unit. But I'm not gonna pass the buck. I'm gonna keep you right here. I hate a man like you so much that I'm gonna get your head down in the mud and tramp on it. I'm gonna make you wish you'd never been born.

Lt. Col. Ben R. Gately: If that's all, sir....

Brig. Gen. Frank Savage: I'm just getting started. You're gonna stay right here and get a belly full of flying. You're gonna make every mission. You're not air exec anymore. You're just an airplane commander. And I want you to paint this name on the nose of your ship: Leper Colony. Because in it you're gonna get every deadbeat in the outfit. Every man with a penchant for head colds. If there's a bombardier who can't hit his plate with his fork, you get him. If there's a navigator who can't find the men's room, you get him. Because you rate him.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well we've got Braveheart & Holy Grail in there.

Guy#1 You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

Guy #2: Yeah, but...

Guy #1 Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fúcking amateurs...

10. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Big Lebowski. :D

"The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there ... The Dude ... takin' 'er easy for all us sinners."

11. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    T2's is Twelve O'Clock High, I believe.

(Um... can't really say I have any definite favourites, but here goes...)

"I even heard that the demon living here in Rashômon fled in fear of the ferocity of man."

----------------------------

"0.68 seconds sir. For an android, that is nearly an eternity."

--------------------------------

"What we do in life echoes in eternity."

---------------------

"Live forever, apes!" - this it the mangled form I love, the proper one would be "Come on, you apes? Wanna live forever?"

-------------------

"Gentlemen, I s*it you not."

-------------------------

Lots of quotes from the following film, but:

Spock: I am well-versed in the classics, Doctor.
    McCoy: Then how come you don't know "Row, Row, Row Your Boat?"

Kirk: Yes, Spock?
    Spock: Life... is not a dream.
    Kirk: Go to sleep, Spock.

Spock: Perhaps "because it is there" is not sufficient reason for climbing a mountain.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  12. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Lore, one of those is from "Gladiator".

" There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that **** for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. I never game much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a mother****er before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some **** this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinkin': maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. And I'd like that. But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Yours is from Pulp Fiction, Blades

Here's mine:
    "Mein Führer! I can walk!"

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@lore

the apes one is from starship troopers, right?

where is that android one from?

15. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Yup.

The android one (in case someone prefers no spoilers):

Star Trek: First Contact, Data's response when asked how long the Borg Queen's offer tempted him

16. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    African Queen. :)

Cross of Iron. :)

17. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

That's got to be from The Rock.

Mine are...

"Always look on the bright side of life.", I bet some of you can even sing it.

""...has any one committed a crime here? I mean, assault with a deadly color?"

"What we have here is... failure to communicate."

"...some birds aren't meant to be caged."

18. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Cara's is from Evil Dead 3.

Here's one:

"Sex is, well...nobody knows... But the saw is family!"

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

"Pucker up, Buttercup!"

"My Name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

" . . . a wretched hive of scum and villainy."

"Boring conversation anyway, . . . "

"Does your dog bite?" "No." (mangling noises of vicious small dog) "I thought you said your dog does not bite!" "That is not my dog!"

"Oh, the pain!" "Oh, darling, shall I kiss it and make it better?!" "It's not that bad!"

"It's not a tumour!"

"Oh, Captain my Captain."

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!"

"It's my high school number." "When do you graduate?"

"I will break you!"

"Then we're in for a long night because I don't know s***."

"It's the only thing I was ever good at."

More to come . . .

20. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    a couple from the same movie.. :) :

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow."

"It's okay. He's just admiring the shape of your skull. "

"You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands."

"There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us. "Shoot it." "Not yet, I want to study its habits."

"The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.