1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite music

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    So this might have been done before, but not for a long time, and since some have left, and we have new people now, here goes. What sort of music do you love?
    For me it is chilled music, like Enigma, Loreena McKennit, Enya and so on. The reason for asking is my taste have really changed in the past year. I was going through my music and I threw away over 10 hard rock cds. Like Motorhead, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden. I still kept a few like Alice Cooper, but it has really shrunk on that side.

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

All kinds of metal music: hard&heavy, trash, power (some of it), black, death, doom, gothic.
    Fav bands:
    Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Death, Iced Earth, Candlemass, Theatre Of Tragedy, King Diamond

3. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Happy music, mostly, and some less happy stuff. Punk, rock, power metal and some cheesy music.

Edguy, NOFX, AFI, Dropkick Murphys, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Eric Clapton, Journey, Alkaline Trio, Jimmy Eat World, Sonata Arctica, Le Tigre, Dashboard Confessional, Goo Goo Dolls, Helloween, Funeral For A Friend.

Not all of that is happy, and some of it (Goo Goo Dolls in particular, though most of their stuff is happier) can really depress me. But music is for feeling and all that.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hard Rock, Rock, Metal, Hardcore, (some) Metalcore.

Bands: (I'll list one or two from each genre)
    Pulse Ultra, The Buzzhorn, Our Lady Peace, Throwdown, Chimaira, Darkest Hour, All That Remains... and of course the classics like Pink Floyd and U2.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Everything and anything - listen to Enrique Iglesias, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Hayley Westenra, Green Day, Nightwish, Stratovarious, Children of Bodom, the Pentangle, Heather Alexander, David Bowie, anything Broadway....

I like music. Plain and simple :D

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

1970s classic rock: KISS, Lynard Skynard, BTO, Alice Cooper, Heart, Pat Benetar, etc. And 1980s pop: Madonna, Duran Duran, etc.

7. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Rock and hard rock of late 60s and 70s in all its forms (pure hard rock, psychedelic, southern, progressive etc).
    Classic heavy metal and power metal of 80s.
    Some american thrash metal bands, I've never liked european thrash.
    Some greek artistic/folk music.

8. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Mostly House and Electronic stuff. But also plenty besides.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Classic rock. Jazz.

Death metal....Not

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Symphony X, Stratovarius, Rhapsody, Hammerfall, David Bowie, Marc Bolan and T-REX, Weird Al, Enya, Enigma, Within Temptation, Sisters of Mercy, Iron Maiden, Dr Dre and Snoop, lots of stuff.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Tool, System of a Down, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Alan Parson Project, Wagner and Mozart... that's pretty much about it.
    I like my music dynamic.

[ April 09, 2006, 01:18: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

12. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Folk music, Softer rock (like The Beatles, Counting Crows, U2, the less heavy Smashing Pumpkins stuff), and some classical music. Oh yea, and showtunes ;)

13. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Mostly metal, but there are oddities here and there in other genres that I like as well.

Some bands in my shelf: Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Anthrax, Pantera, Down, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Alice In Chains...

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What Kuemper and Splunge said. Plus Hayley Westenra.

15. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

House, Trance, Techno, Chillout, Opera, some D'N'B, Metal, Hard Rock, Prog Rock, Baroque, Operetta, Symphony. Though I will mainly listen to the first 5 listed.

16. Takara

Media:
    Heh, do you think you missed out any genres? :p

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...

I grew up listening to '80s alternitive bands, like the Cure, and anything that's on 'The Wedding Singer' soundtrack.

Then I got in to Sublime, Let's Go Bowling, Hepcat, Reel Big Fish, and other ska/grunge bands.

Then there was the '90s craze...The Smashing Pumkins, R.H.C.P., The Offspring, Green Day, Lit, 311, and Blink 182.

When I started high school, I got introduced to heavy metal. The guys I knew started my off on the easy side, giving me a taste of Metallica's 'Black', 'Load', and 'Re-Load' albums. From that pint since, I've been hooked on heavy metal. I've also opened up to '70s and '80 hard rock and heavy metal.

Currently, you'll mostlyme listening to Megadeth, Rob Zombie, ZZ Top, Guns N' Roses, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, Bob Marley, Motley Crue, Ratt, and some Queensryche. :thumb:

I still listen to some of everything I used to listen to when I was growing up thouhg...but I bet that's more than you wanted to know. :rolling:

18. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Tak yes pop, punk, thrash, death etc and most modern metal. rap, hip-hop, r'n'b, euro-pop, break-beats for starters

19. Takara

Media:
    hehe, ok ok. Can't say I fault you for that.

20. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Right now, I'm really into the John Butler Trio and Ben Harper. Their technical guitar skill is amazing and their music just turns everything else I listen to upside down and inside out.

They're just a couple of my favourites, though, I still love Led Zeppelin with an unhealthy passion ;)

[ April 16, 2006, 17:17: Message edited by: The Kilted Crusader ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.