1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite sayings of NPCs, especially Viconia, Keldorn, Imoen or Valygar

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by derah, Oct 31, 2000.

1. derah Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I checked the post "Things that make you laugh" but am still looking for humorous/pithy sayings of the NPCs.

Anyone?????

2. hooligan_inc Guest

I like it when Imoen calls you 'little brother'.

3. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Minsc-

"Now you are speaking the language of minsc! Next we must get you a hamster, or perhaps an ice weasel, whatever your tastes!"

***ROFL***

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Minsc has a critical miss
    "Ahh that's not right!"
    Followed by Lilarcor
    "Choke up! Ah... You're grip's all wrong!"
    :)

5. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

when minsc says that a creature may have bigger teeth than boos but they all hurt the same when bitten in the eye
    that had me roaring especially with boo twittering in the back ground and minsc's sarcastic voice hes worth keeping just for his speeches oh and another when the lilarcor says that his mum said hed grow up to be nothing better than a butter knife another classic this game can be soo funny at times

6. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I dunno about you but i want the swords +12 hackmaster brother that he keeps talking about...

7. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Bah...the funniest ever is Minsc, in full voice...(you'll hear it eventually if you keep him in your party all the way). I'm capturing the jist of the beginning, not quite word for word though.

MINSC
    "I grow tired of tossing battle cries while fighting this mage. Boo will devour his eyes once and for all. Evil; meet my sword. SWORD; MEET EVIL!!! AAAAAGGHHHH!!"

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Pretty much anything that Minsc says! He was a blast in BG, and he is even better in BG2! I think my favorite so far was the conversation with the litte kid from the Umar Hills! I was LMAO!

9. Markyboy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] IronEagle, the +12 hackmaster is a sword from the cartoon "Knights of the Dinner Table". It appears in the AD&D-magazine Dungeon...or was it Dragon...? Well whatever, one of those.

Too bad it doesn't really exist ;)

10. Hope Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I like the way bernard at the copper coronet says-'gotta stop dipping into me own ale'

11. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31

things i hate about the charaters talking is when youre preparing for a fight and stupid aerie pops up and says shit bout her wings personally i wish theyd sawn her head off (trouble is shes a good spellcaster but a gibbering wench)

12. Hope Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hey don't diss aerie, the poor thing has been through a lot...leave her to babble as she likes

13. derah Gems: 2/31

Aerie hardly says anything in my game.
    Is this another byproduct of having a female protagonist?

She commented once on Jaheira's hair in the circus tent and I bet she never does that again! ;)

She protested that she was also a healer when Nalia asks Jaheira to heal Aerie, when near fatally wounded

Her most frequent comment is "Being underground is no place for the Avariel."

That's it.

14. burntime Gems: 2/31

cant remember what had happned, but Minsc went into full rant mode, last line: "Boo will have clean wood shavings you evil bastards!"

15. greylin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Here are some of Mine
    Jaheira: "So, where to now? Oh omni-present authority figure."

Minsc:"I think I shall go and have a lay down, I do not wish to drop BOO on the battlefield"

Jan:"Sorry, turnip relfex."

Ilacor: "Hack and slash your way to fortune, WOOHOO!!!"

And does anyone know if you can use shadow keeper to add Xanax for aerie?

16. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31

what bout when minsc says woe betide any one who crosses us

well betide was boos word

17. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

"Cities are always teem, evil and decay, lets giveitagood SHAKE an' SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!"
    -Minsc

"Oohh, you are a smart one! I understand now! You said what you did just to get me mad! Mad enough to break free hahhaa! You are as smart as Boo sometimes."
    -Minsc

"GO FOR THE EYES BOO GO FOR THE --"
    -Minsc

Serious butt-kicking =)
    I never play without Minsc!

18. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Was in the forest with Minsc and Jaheira
    Minsc: OOOO, A squirrel! I knew I saw one! Quick, Boo, throw nuts!!!
    Jaheira: Really, Minsc, can you not have more grace in nature's presence? I really wonder how you came to your title as a ranger!

19. Lo Guest

While rescuing D'Arnise Keep from the troll and "snake things" invasion it was most entertaining to hear Nalia say: "I really don't like this. How are we helping the less fortunate but treachering around here?" Indeed, we were just saving her home, that's all :)

20. Sorl Guest

Poor Nalia is so misunderstood. She's a ballroom revolutionary.
    So she will do (allmost) everything for the poor, and considers her own fortune as secondary. She wanted her castle freed more for her parents and the local people than for herself.
    Nalia only wails when she's really low on HP.

Nalia should have been swashbuckler/mage and not thief/mage!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.