1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fight Club Map, First Championship

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by herf, Aug 10, 2001.

1. herf Guest

ok everyone involved in fight club, heres the map for the first championship.
    http://www.geocities.com/eden__.geo/Map.htm

to get the grid for the map just write the alphabet across the top row plus A1 and B1 and C3 (29 boxes)
    then down the right hand side write numbers, 1-24.
    player one starts at L6, player two starts at L16.
    each square is 2ft long and wide. thus the players start 20ft apart.
    the houses all have windows on each side that can be shot out of at a -1 to hit and the same goes for shooting inside.
    the boulders are 5ft high and the double length rocks are ten foot high.
    all houses have an east facing entrance, the house in the top left has two entrances, both east facing.

any questions?

2. The Word Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

.....ok, i'm in over my head... :)

3. herf Guest

dont worry man, me and whoevers c-dming will guide you through it all. nothing to worry about. we were all like that at one stage or another :)

4. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Herf, better base it on 5ft/square, so is tradition and so is the convinient way. And the decorations wouldnt be so teeny weeny.

5. herf Guest

ok, i will do that next championship but a fight just took place so i cant change the rules.

6. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Herf, It would be better if the players don't know where the other is when they start, then they have to find each other.

7. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

Indeed, 'twould be lot more interesting if the starting distance was ~200 ft and you'd have to find your opponent. Otherwise it is the win for the one who wins initiative, in most cases.

(Herf, you just can't argue with obvious, even if you're making the rules ;))

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well that's great so you mages can run and shoot right ;) I think 200 ft is a little much perhaps, though it's hard to say for sure as I've never been in these kinds of fights. Remember, we are playing in a chat here, so eventually, it will be easy to find someone based on what they type for their action in a round.

EDIT: Also, five foot squares are important. That's the way 3rd edition sets up the grid and their entire combat system is based around that when it comes to oponents reach and AoO. Maybe 2ft squares work. I don't know. But it would be better, I think, to make sure we use 5ft squares in the future.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited August 11, 2001).]

9. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I think a new map is in order. Even with a 5 foot grid, the building will be small, more like sheds, maybe even out-houses.

10. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Yes, we mages do not have the advantage of a six-inch thick skull the fighters have (+1d3 inches for barbarians ;)) so we need some initial space to get around.

Doing some research last night, I've discovered that wizards do have a chance against thickheads in low level duels. Pity, such wizards are no good for anything else than dealing damage. Anyone for a "Fighter Slayer" prestige class? ;)

[This message has been edited by Skedaddle (edited August 11, 2001).]

11. herf Guest

Look ive said it before i know theyre are errors but they will be sorted out in the next championship and a hell of a lot of what you have all said will be included but two of the matches have happened already and its too late to change the rules so stop bitchin ok?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.