1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Films based on TV series

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Aldazar, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Now, I know we've had The Brady Bunch, The Addams Family, Dennis the Menace, Charlie's Angels (just to mention a fwe) and now Thunderbirds is out and Bewitched is apparently underway. Where's it going to stop? Leave It To Beaver???

Anyway, feel free to let me know of others I've forgotten, but mainly what else is actual;ly coming out?

Oh yeah, I know there were a few Munster's movies made and a Batman movie from the 60's or 70's or something but I didn't include them as they feature the actors from the original series'.

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Hey, you missed South Park :D

3. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

and star trek :p

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, given that they already made Leave it to Beaver into a film back in 1997 I would have to say that it didn't stop there.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Simpsons movie is in the pipeline.

There are loads:
    Mission Impossible.
    The Avengers.
    Scooby Doo.
    Pokemon.
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    Any of the Muppet movies.

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    SWAT
    The Mod Squad
    Starsky & Hutch
    Dragnet
    Batman (which came before the comic, IIRC)
    X-Files
    The Rugrats Movie
    Tales from the Dark Side
    The Incredible Hulk (which was more famous for the TV show than the comic, so it sorta counts)

Just off the top o' me noggin'...there are tons.

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Beavis and Butthead!

I hope ther will ever be a Daria movie!

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Yeah, I didn't include any of the four or so Pokemon movies, the Rugrats one, the X-Files, South Park or the upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh because I guess I just consider most of them to be extended episodes of the series. Particularly with Pokemon and X-Files because they tie into the series very nicely and don't really introduce anything that's not in the series at some point.
    I didn't include TMNT either becasue it was more closely based on the comics rather than the cartoon.

And they MADE a Leave It To Beaver???

OMFG!!

Oh yeah, the initial question was inspired by a recent screening of The Mod Squad so I don't know why I missed that one out.

9. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Well, actually, I think you're wrong there. Batman first appeared in Detective Comics in 1939. He didn't make a tv appearance until the early '40s.

10. nior Gems: 24/31

I wonder why nobody mentioned the 2 most popular superheroes... Spider-man and Superman.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Batman did indeed first appear in Detective Comics (#27 May of 1939). His first movie appearance was in 1943 (in a 15 part serial). Batman guest starred on the Superman radio broadcasts in the 40s but Batman did not appear in a true tv show until 1966.

If I remember correctly, the Batman movie that hit theatres after season 1 ("Hand down the shark repellent Batspray!" :rolleyes: )was in fact filmed first and was originally intened to launch the tv series.

Again, both are comic book characters and thus both the TV and movie presentations are adaptations. Furthermore, Superman appeared in movie serials long before he ever appeared on TV.

12. nior Gems: 24/31

Hmmm, didn't Dennis the Menace started out as a comic strip?

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Yep Dennis was a comic first.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.