1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Final Battle

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Essexx, Nov 6, 2000.

1. Essexx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I keep getting hammered in the final battle. I ignored the Golems & let them chase my mage around, I sent everyone else to pound the demon, yet I end up getting fried. (I tried about 15 times)..HELP!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well here's the strategy I used and I beat the deamon in the second try:
    1. Don't bother with protective magics BEFORE the battle starts. They'll all be dispelled before you even start fighting.
    2. Scan the whole area once with your thief just to see where traps are on the floor. Since you can't remove them, you can at least avoid them. (Traps spring arrows of dispelling).
    3. Dispatch the golems when Belhefit teleports to the other sides of the room. You'll have enough time then.
    4. Have plenty of the best healing potions on you, plus any of good modifing potions you can find. If you're like me, you had a ton of them by the end of the game anyway, and since you're not going to use them for anything else you might as well drink them all once the battle begins. Especially the ones that boost strength are important.
    5. Don't cast healing spells while fighting Belhefit. You'll most likely get disrupted and you will have spent a lot of time on nothing insted of doing some damage.
    6. Use the best healing spells when Belhefit is out of sight.
    7. ALWAYS have at least 3 people thumping Belhefit and the other two or three healing.
    8. Try to wedge in a corner somewhere where there are no traps to dispel the effects of the potions.

Well... That's about it. Worked for me like a charm. Oh yeah, your mage will most likely get killed very fast by the golems, so at least use him to cast something on the golems before he drops.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 06, 2000).]

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had my mage and thief go invisible after the battle started; I had my cleric and dwarven fighter kill the iron golems. My paladin and ranger used all of the arrows of piercing I had saved from the tower with the archers. Both ranger and paladin would maintain their distance and keep firing (it was easier for the ranger because he had the boots of speed). When I ran out of arrows, one swat did him in... I didn't bother with any buffing potions/spells since I wanted to maintain mobility and invariably ran over a few of those dispelling traps.

4. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Very important is to Haste your party as soon as they get dispelled. Then quaff some nifty strength potions, and some Magic and Fire-resistance boosters. Make sure your mage(s) are Mirror Images and Stoneskinned (and have a couple of more memorized). Keep an eye on them at all times, since you'll need to evade the Golems, who'll focus entirely on your spellcasters. Try to attack Belhifet with 4 melee fighters (or clerics,...) and always pull the one that gets the damage back. You'll get a couple of free hits before the demon realizes the one he was attacking is out of range.

He should go down pretty smooth this way. But you'll need to pause a lot, since it's a tactic that requires lots of micromanagement...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.