1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Final Fantasy 10

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Christian, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Is that game good?

I bought Baldur's gate : dark alliance but I'm bored with it after 1 week, I thought it was a longer game then what it is so, does final fantasy 10 is good?

How long it takes to finish, and comments plz

thx,

Chris

2. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Final Fantasy is the best roleplaying game on the PS2

[This message has been edited by Jerlark386 (edited January 18, 2002).]

3. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] IMHO, the Final Fantasy series are the best RPG that you can find on a console (or anywhere else for that matter). I like it even more than the Fallouts and BGs. The story, graphics, music, etc. were all ahead of its time when they came out.

Sigh... I don't own a PS2, so I can't play the game (but that doen't mean I haven't bought it :p). It's the first FF that features voice-acting, plus you can always expect graphics nothing less than amazing from Squaresoft.

Somebody get me a PS2!!

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

FF7 was so good that all later versions of FF are always less especially the story... I never played part ten though... I only know that the movie was great :)

5. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I dont have Playstation 2 but if i did you could count on me having that game. Ever sence Final Fantasy 7 I have been a huge fan of all the Final Fantasy games I would like to get 8 I already have 9 and I would like to see the movie. My advice to you is if you have Playstion 2 to get the game.

[This message has been edited by Psycho. the fanged rabbit (edited January 10, 2002).]

6. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have Final Fantasy 1 to 3 on my PC.
    Anybody else ever played or even seen them?

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Wow! FF1 - 3! Never even heard of it let alone seen it!

As we're on the topic of FF, can i ask a question on 9?

I'm on Disc 3 and i'm stuck ... okay The tail bloke has found out he's a genome and he's back with his mates after telling him to piss off ... now i've just gone past this bit where you have to flip a switch to activate a bridge (in Terra) which is light blue in colour and you only have 30 seconds to cross it or else it disappears... now i got passed that but i'm stuck on the next bit.

There is this thing in a claw like thingy and you gotta switch it around ... thing is i havn't got a clue in hell what to do and what it does ... i tried going passed it and when i wanted to jump across a gap or onto this platform i met a force field ... can anyone help me here? Oh and whats a good level to be at that point? My highest is level 46 and my lowest 23 ...

8. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Anyone care to rate FF9?

FF7 was brilliant, but I never managed to get into FF8. (Might give it another go if I have the time). Must confess I found the magic system of "drawing" a bit longwinded... Much more user friendly in FF7.

I suppose that when I get around to splashing out for a PS2, I will get FF10 to have a look at it. Hearing muchos good about GTA3 as well.

9. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I thought FF9 was great; it dispensed with the pretentions of supposed new "innovations" (read "over-complications") in the FF games and went for a simple, more traditional skill development system with distinct classes and a definite job for each character. Plus it had a really tough final boss :) . It reminded me a bit of Grandia, actually, which I loved for its simplicity and charm (does anyone know when the sequel is getting released on PS2, by the way?). Im looking forward to FF10 greatly.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I love FF7. Seph, Zack, Cloud, Vince... such bishies... :)

I need to get the game... soon!

Ara
    (Urgh, has to go, buss waits...)

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Er ... can anyone help me?

12. total Guest

Is there FF9 version for PC? I started at FF7, never finished 8, tried first few but never got so much fun as with 7th, but actually never got golden cocobo? I have black one, where to find the last type? I read somewhere north, but on that icy part all cochobos are like someone beat them with stick!

13. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Sorry Sniper I think Im on the final boss but Im not sure and I don't recall the part your at I havn't played in a while. By the way I love FF9 it's the greatest especialy the video's. The final boss kinda looks like a type of god right????????????

14. Totemic Druid Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I just FFX Today, and i only got up to a bunch of movies then i had to turn it off becuase we had to go to church.

Im still bussy with Devil May Cry, and BGDA.

I Wanted to get the guide for FFX off ign.com but now you got to pay... :(

I say Get it, good chance you'll like it even love it. :spin: :-<(-_-)>-: :roll:

15. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] So when is Final Fantasy XXIV coming out? :p

16. flying cockroach Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

sniper.... can u give more clues....is it a of button floating someway, u may turn it....and those bridges would turn its way.......

ff9 is a great game....as least better than ff8(just great moive....not much of the ff origin) but there is something strange about ff9...do u find vivi and eiko a bit too strong?????, they both can do damage 9999 after 2/3 of the game

[Please stop spelling you as "u". And 3 periods in a row (...) are more than enough. Since I suspect you haven't read the Forum Rules/FAQ yet, do so immediately.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited January 14, 2002).]

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Flying cockroach, i have given an ample description of the area. So i do not see the need to add parts that is not particularly too noticable.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.