1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Financial Stress

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Munchkin Blender, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

As for being upside down on home loans… I am in that boat; I bought a 2 unit apartment building (my home) in 2004 and in 2007 we took out a home equity for a new boiler and to consolidate some debt, well my house has dropped about 40K in value and now I owe the banks 50K more than what my house is worth… I have spring project that needs to be completed thanks to a recent wind storm. Both units have a front deck/porch and thanks to the recent wind storm the decks now to need to be replaced. The porches are part of the house/roof causes this project to be well out of my budget right now. I have one estimate around ranging from $5,000-15,000+. It all depends on how rot damage the porch has.

I’m not sure right now if I will be able to fix my house or not.

To top that I also have to kick my tenants out, they owe me over 2 months worth rent and are making excuses why they can’t pay, such as their cable bill is more important than a roof over their heads, wait until they get their eviction notice on Sunday.

Another thing, my wife also might be pregnant, which isn’t bad news as we would like another child; however, if we found out within the next few days it might as well be as we have another financial issues to deal with right now…. RRRRRR!!!!!!

Calm, cool, relax...At least I have a job....

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Congrats on the possible pending new wee-one. Don't fret, when things look bad finanaially, something ususally comes along to get you by. A friend, an unexpected check, etc....

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm with you on financial stress. I'm getting it left and right from my partner and my mother!

My mother has power of attourney over my finances because I'm an Aspie so my Disability payments go to her bank account and my rent also comes out of her bank account. As a result my partner has a direct debit to her account at the end of the month after his wages go in so my disability payments and a portion of his wages cover the rent.

Because my mother got in trouble mid december we sent her some money over that she asked for, as a result we couldn't afford this months rent, my disability payment has been used on something else so my student loan next week has to go entirely on rent and bank charges.

Got to love having a boyfriend and a mother who overspend because of a commercial holiday, don't you? :rolleyes: Just wish I didn't get the bloody screeching about it.

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Congrats on the baby! :)

Financial stress: Welcome to Middle America....

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sounds tough. Hang in there.

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Now, I do not have a wife, SO of another kind, or a job (not for long, I hope), but as I see it, focus on that. S..t will be coming down one way or another, but so far things don't seem totally bad. For now, I guess Mrs. Munchkinette demands your immediate attention - whether she turns out to be pregnant or not, it's as good a time as any to spend some time together, and it might put your mind off all the stressful things. Obsessing about future problems is a great way to lose time and be less prepared in coping with them.

Good luck, and hang in there! This poster may help, although you might appreciate some minor redesign ;) .

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I took care of the tenant issue this weekend. I handed them their 30 day notice to quit. Now it is a matter of time before I receive the rent they owe me or they move out. If it is the later, I will pursue the money owed in small claim court; however, they did inform me they plan to pay back rent with income taxes. I hope that is true – this will allow me to use some of that money to fix the porch.

As for the misses, early this morning she took a pregnancy test and it was negative; however, I believe she is pregnant and to me even with the financial stress I am having that is good news.

As for other money to fix the porch I forgot I did not adjust my school financial aid to take only the bare minimum, so I will have a substantial check from the school after the school calendar year ends. That along with my income taxes and back rent if paid should cover most if not all of the porch repair, if it is needed.

I’m hoping this mess clears up by the middle of March. I have been holding my head up high even though there is a ton of uncertainty right now. Thank God I have my family, grad school, and my work to keep me busy and reduce the chances of me worrying about the things I cannot change at this point in time.

I know things don’t look good right now, but I believe that things have a way of working out.

I still don't like that I am upside down on what I owe for my house; however, I know I'm not the only one and at least I'm making an effort to payoff the money I BORROWED and not blame it on the bank or the government.

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Muchkin - For the pregnancy test, there is a sure-fire way to use the pee test that will tell you for sure. If you just pee onto the applicator, sometimes it will display negative even though you are pregnant. Sometimes it just isn't in contact long enough. The more effective means is peeing in a cup, and submerging the applicator in the pee for a minute or two. (I know, gross, but you'll find out for sure.) My wife was nearly certain she was pregnant a few years ago (she was), but on the first try of the test, it came back negative. The next day she read about the cup trick, did it again, and it came up positive.

9. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

That is how the wife does it... Submerges the stick into a cup for about a minute. She was told this by her doctor a few years ago. We are trying for another child before I turn 35 and she turn 30, which happens to be this year. We are planning it this way as we do not want to risk my wife health or the baby as we both get older.

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Good luck, it took a cousin of mine and his wife quite a while before they got theirs. On the other hand, my parents had me and my sister after my mother was 35, and it's been working well enough for now (except for any grandparents rumbling for great-grandchildren, must be a prestige thing :p ).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.