1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fire Beetles in the Hook Horrors Cave

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Cirrus, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I found something interesting in the cave where you are ambushed by Hook Horrors.

I opened the door to the fire beetles but I did not attack them. They just kind of wander around (of course my char was using Imp. Inv.). The point being, when I was attacked by Hook Horrors, the beettles and the horrors went after each other instead of after me. The horrors were more interested in attacking the beetles than attcking me even after I started attacking them.

Maybe this is a way to distract the horrors while soloing?

Has anyone else noticed this?

2. nunsbane

nunsbane

Yes, the fire beetles are handy for softening a very difficult solo battle - let them do your dirty work...it's not like you are gaining experience points for hook horrors while soloing anyway and it is so much fun to watch enemies beat the snot out of each other.

Also, the umber hulks in the adjacent cavern will attack and kill Harshom and his minions. Make sure you are invisible when drawing all the umber hulks into the open and then lure Harshom and friends back to the hulks before becoming invisible again and then watch the carnage you have wrought. This method is especially useful when soloing through HoF.

3. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Darn... I was hoping I had found something that others weren't aware of yet.... oh well. At least I know mine wasn't a fluke. :)

4. Redrake Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

You can do that, but on the other hand I like too much that battle against hook horrors to resort to such tricks. Later on, when they are all dead I can go, open the door and drop a cloud kill to get rid of the beetles. Too bad you don't get any XP for them though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.