1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

First Dates

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Crawl, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

O.K., I want to know the coolest thing that you ever did for a first date. Don't tell me anything like dinner/movie or "I took him/her to a club, ect." I'm looking for origionality here. Something that really makes it stand out. The gates are open, have fun :)

2. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Maybe the ladies here could help a lot. Ladies?

3. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] How old are you and your date?

4. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

This wasn't technically a 'first' date, but I took my 'wife to be' sky-diving once. We both had fun, but probably won't do it again.

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Went round her house and made out in front of our friends (mind you it was just snogging, and real close hugging etc. No nudity or sex involved)

6. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

8th grade, went to a party and made out, after that, we went to the pool and made out there.

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Whats 8th grade in terms of years old?

8. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

probably fourteen or fifteen years old

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] First Date Ever: I was like 12 or 13. We went to see "The Dark Crystal." We went out for pizza afterwards. That was the best I could think back then.

Best (or most fun) date: I met a girl while on vacation in Florida two summers ago. I flew back down to take her out the following October to Halloween Horror Nights (Universal Studios in Florida sets up a bunch of Haunted Houses and mazes in a section of the theme park. So in addition to some of the rides they have there, they add spooky music and a whole lot of fog! The section of Universal they used was a replica of an old city.)

We went on all the rides, and walked through the Haunted Houses/mazes - always good for a first date! Lots of screaming, hand holding, and laughing!

10. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

My first date was when I was twelve. It wasn't the official kind though. A young man down the street had a crush on me, and we hung out a lot. One day he stole his mom's check book (unbenounced to me) and took me up to our local restraunt for a cup of hot choclate and a cinnamon role.

He got in a lot of trouble for doing that, his mom said he should have asked for the money. I figured it this way, he went to a lot of trouble to do something really nice for me, so he must have really liked me a lot.

Most romantic date was when my boyfriend took me out to dinner and to see a play in an old theater called The Stone Soup. He bought me a dozen roses and a made me a daquri before we left. It was raining out and I had decided to wear a dress. Let's just say I was caried over several large puddles during the night. Later that night we went back to his apartment to dry off in front of his fireplace while talking, listening to some of our favorite music, and siping wine.

[This message has been edited by Satiana Fearbringer (edited January 16, 2001).]

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Wait, wait, wait. I think I need to rephrase. Not the FIRST date you ever had. No, here's the deal. This is the first time I'm going out with this particular girl. I'd really like to do something different and make a good first impression. However, I've never been too creative when it comes to first dates(I generally get better later(if it lasts that long) once I know her tastes better). I'm just trying to think of something that isn't over the top but still diffrent than the norm.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I tend to the more outdoorsy stuff, but that may not be best at this time of the year depending on where you are. I've gone rock-hopping along the coast: beautiful scenery, along with a lot of holding eachother for balance. I've gone to botanical gardens for a nice leisurely stroll (the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens was especially nice). I've gone to Venice (California) to walk along the canals and the beach.

Being a chef, you could cook her a romantic dinner of course...

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] IMHO - I think first dates should be fun, something you can do together...To get to know one another better.

Now what that thing happens to be, all depends on the person you're going out with, what they like, dislike (always try to stay away from things they don't like...History has shown this is extremely detrimental to the dating experience) :D

Whether it's dancing, theatre, art, bowling, billiards, hockey games, hiking, kayaking, kickboxing, or just the standard dinner and a movie. I think the key to a first date is all about being laid back, having fun, and listening/getting to know the person you're with. It makes it easier to decide if you want to see that person again.

Good luck!

14. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Gotta save the private dinner for a little later, Blackthorne. I don't want to throw away my trump card on the first date ;) Besides, that "dinner at a guys apartment on a first date" thing might make some people a little uncomfortable. Don't know why, but I've sensed that talking to friends in the past. But if you are interested, I'm a copout. I went with the movie for a first date this time. Sad, but at least it worked. But it was a long drive there and back(went out of town to the cloesest decent theater-40 min drive, 80 min round trip), so at least we got to talk a lot. She's a really cool, interesting girl. Best time I've had on a first date in a long time. Very much looking forward to seeing her again. This post deserves to end with a lot of green smilies for a change :D :D :D :D

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited January 19, 2001).]

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Fantastic Crawl; glad to hear things went well. And what's wrong with a movie for a first date? Unoriginal, but so what as long as you both had fun...

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I agree with Blackthorne TA, after all, my first date consisted of a movie and a meal.

17. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The only problem with a movie as a first date is that you cannot talk to each other. Of course that's not an issue when you're driving 40 minutes to get there. :)

Dinner is great, it's simple, conversation friendly, and you can always be creative in your choice of restaurant. Try a theme restaurant, or a foreign one. Dinner at home is not usually a good idea, unless it's with another couple. It's just too intimate for two people who aren't really comfortable with each other yet. Although later ... Any man who can cook well gets bonus points!! :D

18. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Make sure you are using your best table manners when on a dinner date. I like the added bonus of me having spaghetti sauce on my tie and face. Or when the waiter(ess) takes my plate away there is a perfect circle of food where my plate used to be. I'm not the most graceful eater (especially when I'm hungry) :D

One other tip - don't forget your wallet. I did that once after making some comments to my date about ordering anything on the menu. I failed to notice my folly until the bill came. How embarrassing. Luckily it wasn't a first date, that would have been bad.

19. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] ROTF! And I thought that only happened in movies! That's classic!

20. hooligan_inc Guest

Food is cool. Even better, coz i get all my food free from my boss at the pub, so he lets us stick around on Staurday after everyone's gone. I have to work extra the next day though... :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.