1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fixed Ranger and Barbarian

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Oaz, May 13, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The Ranger and Barbarian class will be fixed for the umpteenth time.

But it's official this time; the Ranger is going under considerable changes in 3.5E, and the Barbarian is getting tweaked a bit (not as much as his stealthy counterpart).

See this link.

2. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Bah. No more free ambidexterity and two-weapon fighting for free at 1st. The ranger is dead to me. :)

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] WOAH!

The ranger is awesome now! Instead of a fighter/rogue for an assassin character, I could make a ranger/rogue with my favored enemies as 1st: human, 2nd: elves, 3rd dwarves, 4th: gnomes...and so on and so forth.

Who needs weapon spec. when you get a free+2 to hit and damage even at level 1 for a specific enemy?

Interesting...although the fighter still remains my favorite class.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ranger has and probably always will be my favourite class, so the new changes are great for the ranger, making him/her more powerful and giving him'her more choice in developing skills.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Is it true the Ranger is losing its free two weapon fighting and ambidexterity feats? If so, that is a serious blow...

What of the paladin? Any good changes, or is the pally still an impotent bastardization of the original?

6. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I don't think there will be any changes to the paladin. About the ranger, he can chose between free ambidexterity + two-weapon fighting and some archery feats (don't remember which).

7. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Every 5 levels starting at 2nd you get a free two weapon combat feat or a free archery feat. This was done as the ranger was used by far only for the two free feats at 1st. It was the king of front loaded classes. Now it's the paladin's turn...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.