1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Foolish Episodes In Life

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Nobleman, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] After I foolishly encouraged spammimng in my previous thread I came to think of silly or daft episodes of my life. Quite funny.

My first episode worth mentioning was in 7th or 8th grade.(long time ago) I had my first date and it all went very fine. So I decided to ask her out again. 6 months later. Of course she denied. heh heh. Talk about slow response.

Another one Was last Year. I had my usual 2 months summervacation so I wanted to complete BG1 on my vacation to Bornholm.(the small summerparadise of mine) When I arrived and wanted to play I had forgotten my CD1. It was in my computer drive back home. I had just tested whether the game worked or not before I left. And forgotten to bring the disc along. Doh!

A last one was as a child when I wanted to test how hot the exhaust pipe was on a car which had driven 20 miles. with my bare hands. Ouch :eek:

So I was wandering. Do You have any fun, daft dumb, foolish, stupid or silly stories to share?

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited August 30, 2001).]

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] When I was in Moscow back in 1992, I was walking with some friends through Red Square...As I walked, one of my feet got caught in one of those hard plastic straps that hold bundles of newspaper together.

Without knowing it was attached, I continued to walk...I took about 3 more steps, then my other foot got looped in! I fell forward, but due to my cat-like reflexes (yeah, right! :D) I landed in a push-up position - catching myself.

I think all of Red Square saw it happen, because I've never heard such a loud laugh in my direction in my life!!! I was embarrassed, but looking back, it was funny as hell!

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited August 30, 2001).]

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

When I was just 18 I decided to try working in a helpdesk... you can't say that isn't stupid :)

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] No, I don't have such stories... Except...

One day I stumbled across SP. And stayed. There I'm reading spams. And I spam answers. Instead of that I could... hmmm, can't say, you're to be decent here... ;) :D

If this is not daft, dumb, foolish, stupid AND silly, then I'm not Extremist. :p

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I sliced open my whole palm while cutting bread.

One day at work this summer, I was moving some 800kg wooden boxes of potatoes around with the tractor. I had a fork on the front, and a fork on the back to move them with. The one on the back is easy to use, the one in front is difficult. I drove the thing straight into the potato box instead of under it, and when I pulled back the box cam apart. After 4-5 hours of moving boxes (not fun), over 100kg of potatoes had to go back in the box, by hand.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited August 31, 2001).]

6. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

something worse happened to me once.......I'm still here :p :p :p

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] I was on vacation with my familily on Samos as a little kid (can't quite remember the age, probably (4-6) and I was very thirsty. My mom walked me to a bar where the rest of the family was and my Grandmom had ordered Ooze and water. I asked if I could have some of her water and I could, though I took the Ooze instead, *shudders* I wouldn't touch water for a week!

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Hey Bel you could have pretended to be doing some push-ups. :D Then it wouldn't have been so bad.

Me? I stuck a bobby pin in an electrical socket when I was 5 or 6 I can't remember. But I do remember not to stick anything but plugs in outlets anymore! :D

9. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm the classic absent minded professor type and I do dumb things just about every day. My family has always joked that I shouldn't take public transportation because who knows where I'll end up? Once I actually fulfilled their prophecy. I got on a bus in Strasbourg (France) to go to city hall and got reading a book. It was a really good book I guess because I didn't notice I was on the bus for much much longer than 10 minutes- actually it was over an hour. When I finally looked up- I was in Germany. I had left the country by mistake.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.