1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

For those who haven't time to join a campaign...

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Divine Shadow, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] ...I'm starting a non-schedule campaign.
    Post whenever you wan't.
    I'll be DM'ing a fantasy-campaign, with no other rules than imagination.
    Just describe what your character is doing, and I'll judge if it is seems possible (and fair). There are not any stats, so just describe who you character is, how he/she looks, any strentghs, any weaknesses and I'll judge if the character is fair.
    We'll be starting as soon as there are 6 players.

2. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'd like to join

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

This should be...well...interesting to say the least. Since they're aren't any rules, maybe you could be a little more detailed as to how this will work. Is this something more akin to the old Tavern of Infinity that was going in Whatnots a couple of months ago?

4. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

Actually there are rules (its a test drive of my new system) but it would be too complicated to explain the rules...especially as they aren't complete.
    Just explain what you are doing and I'll determine the outcome.
    Describe your characters, and I'll give them
    aproriate equipment and spells.

5. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'll join.

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] If this is completely forum based, then I'll join. I don't have time to play much in the chat-room . . . but this will be great.

When I see your final list of "whose in & who isn't" I'll post my character (have to come up with one first ;) )

7. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

It is entirely forum-based.
    Here is a character class from my game:

Knight of Froim:
    The people of the snowcovered lands of Froim live in 3 great cities
    wich are mainly underground. They live of the fungus they can harvest in the caves beneath, and whatever their knights can catch on their journeys.
    Their only allies in this cold place are the dwarves of Praw and the shy frost elves they sometimes trade with.
    Ocassionally they come to trade with the Arban enclave in the northen (and less cold) part of Froim.
    Otherwise they are surrounded by countless enemies such as snow orcs and frost fiends.
    That is why they need the hunter-knights.
    They are the hardest, most resourceful and grim of their folk. They hunt for food, track down any enemies and protect merchants on their journeys to the dwarves, Arbanians and the other cities.
    Knights are clad in dwarven armour protected by anti-cold liquid they make of their fungi.
    They can only communicate with hand signals
    when in the wilderness, so therefore they have to keep their hands free.
    Because of this, they train to fight with iron claws and small repeater crossbows fastened to their bracers.

Anyone wan't to play one of these?

8. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I would like to join, here is my character:

Azirath "The Silver Arcane", Arcane Sorcerer, Githzerai, Chaotic Neutral

Description:

You see a brooding figure, tall, gangly and thin, but obviously powerful. He commands a silvery white aura which encloses him in a blindingly bright, divine radiance, yet he remains as dark as ever, his eyes seem to glimmer back and forth, and a crooked smile appears on his face. You can barely pull away from his eyes, like two streaming, razor-sharp arrows, they alone could kill a man. As you look him up and down, you see a blue light struggling to break free from his hand, and a dark staff in his other, a humongous ruby floating a-top of it. It is barely a split-second later, and he is already withing a few inches of you, a dark blur left behind in his movements. You know that you will not survive the encounter....

9. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

Uh-oh. I don't have githzerai in my campaign, but I'll allow it. Elgorn (the campaign world) is full of portals to other dimensions anyway.
    That brings up another point: This campaign has nothing to do with AD&D! Remember that.
    A sorcerer is similar to what is called an "invoker" in my campaign.
    Unlike other mages who bind magic to the runes in their spellbook, invokers are able to draw raw magic from their surroundings and release it.
    Remember this Azirath:
    You do not belong to this world, and therefore the people of Elgorn are likely to think you are a demon.
    Hey I just got an idea: Why don't you all play characters from another dimension?
    That way I only have to describe my world, as you explore it.

10. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

Name : Zeychakalla 'Zey'
    Race : Raczeranoc
    Class: Raug`Drauka (Equivilent to soldier)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Description:
    This creature is little more than a foot tall, and looks intensely curious. He looks vaguely like a monkey, but reptillian with scales. Black and red scales all over his body, except the head which is covered in black fur. Three stripes of red streak across his head from eyes to neck (going backwards).He has wings which stretch out to be a foot and a half long, with no feathers, just skin stretching across them. His eyes are black with red pupils, like a cat's. His tail stretches out a foot behind him, and is obviously prehensile. The very tip of his tail is razor sharp and utilized during combat.

OoC: I claim rights to this character! He's mine! Allll mine! I made up the race. His class is a mixture of two words from a book, Temple of The Winds. Raug means 'Divine', while Drauka means 'The Underworld', 'Death' and 'Spirits of the Dead'. His translation: Divine Death

11. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

Great characters! :)
    Are the rest of you not posting anything because you aren't here or because you haven't thought of a character yet?
    Please answer even if you don't plan on joining the campaign anyway, so I can know how many players there are.

12. Azirath Gems: 6/31

So I am in then?

13. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Name: Julius Skull
    Race: Human
    Class: Bard
    Alignment: Based on Actions

description:

Julius is an average sized man of average weight, average intelligence and average strength and of an average age. His clothing is of an average variety, while his shoes are average adventuring shoes. There is nothing spectacular about his dark hair, nor is there anything noticeable about the way he walks, or swings a sword. His teeth are straight and his nails are clean. He is, for all intents and purposes, unremarkable. Except for one thing. His voice.

The lark of the west, or so he has been called, is a bard for hire for any purposes. But Julius's legs ache for the rewards and splendours of adventuring life. Allow room for Julius, and he shall not fail you. Cross him, and you may never cross anyone again.

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Character idea - tell me if this fits the "world" you are creating.

Name: Sacrafix
    Race: 1/2 Cloud Dragon
    Class: Duelist (Closest term that fits)

Description/background: Most people would think that the spawn of a great wyrm would be a glamorous, heroic figure boasting of power, beauty and intelligence. Sacrafix is not that sort of dragon. He has no home, no glory, no lair and no treasure.

A cloak of mist hides his face from view and billows loosely around him. Flashes of silver chainmail occasionally catch the eye from within the cloak, but other than that, his only known features are his hands.

His hands, at first glance, appear to be the same as that of any other warrior. A more inquisitive look would see that there are reptilian scales intermixed with the tan skin on the backs of his hands, and that the calluses on his palms are dark and yellow.

Sacrafix moves with fluid ease, wielding a two sickles with skill. His reputation is growing such that people have hired him to lay in wait for enemies, and let Sacrafix challenge them to a formal dual. Sacrafix's greatest strength in these battles is that he literally has nothing to loose.

15. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

Great! The campaign will be called "Elgorn".
    We'll begin in a few days.

16. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Julius kicks his heels up on the table at the local tavern, The Magic Missile.

"Send the paige as soon as you have need of me... BRUNO!! ONE MORE!!"

17. Azirath Gems: 6/31

so who is in the campaign then?
    and can you e-mail me when it starts?

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited September 12, 2001).]

18. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

19. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31

Julius was just finishing his last reading, "an ode to promise" as patrons of the smoked filled tavern contemplated the remains of the day over heaping plates of stew and mugs overflowing with froth from the locally produced black mead. He spoke his last lines,

"And the tears of a fool deeper than fantasy, suggest final praise to speculation's abyss, explode upon the nervous hope of infamy, beg for mercy from a life gone amiss. If not for the emptiness of air, our fates are sealed in disrepair."

His head bowed slightly after finishing his poem, but his eyes perused the few spectators who even bothered to applaud. Of those, fewer still were sober.

"Empty air indeed." thought julius.

The main act for the evening was to follow, "a juggling act of an uncommonest variety" the sign outside the Magic Missile read, "with guest, poet Julius Skull".
    The spectators began to approach nearer to the stage in eagerness, the lure of jesters throwing live fish in the air in perfect unison too strong for the onlookers to resist.

"barbarians", said julius under his breath.

Soon, the tables and chairs of the tavern were filled with the boisterous din of drunken peasants. Julius ambled to the bar where Bruno filled jugs and mugs full of the black liquid so pervasive in the small tavern which was beginning to resemble a norse mead hall. Bruno's eyes met julius's with a look of polite amusement. Even over the ruction of his bar, Bruno's voice carried. He spoke to Julius through the clamour, as though they were in the tavern alone.

"yer pinions of poesy nay fly so well in these parts i'm afeard!" said Bruno.
    "Aye, i'm not entirely surprised old friend." said Julius
    "It's a fine act Jules, dunna make ye nay a mistake about er!", explained Bruno, "Lookkit, it's the jugglers ye know.... they're good! These people canna wait! They're of a-"
    "AN uncommonest variety" Julius interrupted "I know... it's all the same to me anyway. Sometimes I can't even understand myself."
    Bruno was under siege behind the bar and Julius decided it would be best to become more direct in his conversation. Philosophy was always lost on poor Bruno anyhow. A frothing mug of black mead came sliding along the bar in Julius's direction. He nimbly caught it as it slid past the counter. Not a drop had spilled.
    "Howlin' wind man! Yer not s'bad yerself Jules!!" Bruno bellowed, "Perchance ye ought think about them jugglin' lads. Ye might make a good one yerself!" Bruno and some of the patrons at the bar laughed heartily.
    "I'll think profoundly on that matter. Say Bruno, have you seen Divine Shadow around lately? Last time i heard from him he was looking for some mates to go tricking with him." Julius said.
    "Nay. And if 'e shows 'is lily hide in this bar i'll be a makin' damned sure that 'e gets it tanned." Bruno said.
    "I see."

The jugglers were beginning their entrance march on stage to the delight of the churning masses of peasants, tired from the long day's rugged toils, bemired in a sheen of dirt and sweat, their eyes rolled insanely in their heads as the three jesters on stage threw flaming torches at each other with deft precision. They told jokes as they caught the torches at all conceivable angles. They really were good.

"Maybe i *should* take up juggling", said Julius Skull to the empty air beside him.

20. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

Suddenly the bard senses something is wrong.
    For a moment time itself freezes and then suddenly Julius is forced backwards by a invisible force. Then suddenly his gravity is reversed and he plummets right through the roof and into a large portal...

I have been very busy, for the last couple of days. Don't worry...the campaign should begin tomorrow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.