1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

FR God Related Books

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Eldular, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Im looking for Forgotten Realms books that are about the FR Gods, other then the Avatar Series and Silverfall. Any suggestions?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Finder's Stone trilogy is an excellent FR trilogy which also involves gods and of course Finder's Bane which in a way resumes the plot and Tymora's Luck which I have not been able to read as of yet. Unfortunaetly as far as I know the Finder's Stone trilogy is out of print and has been for quite some time so you'd probably had to find a used one from somewhere. It seems though that wizards of the coast has started to reprint old FR books so perhaps Finder's Stone will too be reprinted soon.

And now that we're talking about reprinted books one can't be without mentioning the moonshae trilogy which has recentley been reprinted. It is the first FR trilogy and involves atleast Chauntea(Earthmother) and Bhaal. I have not read it yet but I'm going to get to it once I have the time. ;)

Then there is is the shadows of the avatar trilogy which also involves gods, atleast Shar but personally I don't think it comes anywhere near the level of the avatar trilogy. Probably because I find Ed Greenwood's books to be awfully booring. From the ones that Tal mentioned the Elminster trilogy is mostly about Elminster and involves only Mystra and her relationship with El, and since I don't like Greenwood's writing I don't like the Elminster series. Considering though how many books there are about Elminster, they must have some appeal for someone in some corner of the universe. ;)

Anyway that's about it for the books I know. Hope it helps.

EDIT: Doh, Tymora's Luck and Finder's Bane were the Lost Gods books Tal mentioned. I would reccomend to try and find the Finder's Stone trilogy first if you are planning to read Finder's Bane. The plots are separate and it won't be difficult getting into Finder's Bane even without having read the trilogy but you'll probably get more out of the book if you read the trilogy first.

4. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ah I had passed that book by while looking at the book lists thinking it was just a collection of not-so-good short FR books/stories, guess I was wrong lol. Thanks i'll try to find Finder's Stone trilogy, and buy Lost Gods books along with Avatar trilogy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.