1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Free Time Apart From D&D

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vandalore, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What do you on your free time other than playing D&D?

I normally just sit there and think about all the crap I should be doing. :)

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've just bought my self a nice book called "C++ for dummies". Interesting stuff.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    And I thought my law books were interesting reading...Uggh!

Actually, most of my time is spent away from D&D, with the exception of these boards, and the occasional romp through Amn (when my damned pc is working!)

I work full time, go to law school at night full time, and any other "spare" time I have is spent, studying, working out, taking karate, working on my house, hanging out with friends and the occasional girl, etc...

But I do miss the days when 7-8 of my friends would sit down to a game of D&D on a rainy weekend and play for hours...That was a really good time!

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I spend my free time hunting down paladins and exterminating them...and I really have been playing too much BG2.....
    :rolleyes:
    sigh.

5. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Heh at least you're more productive than me. I really need to get BG II. My roommate is about done with Icewind Dale. I have to keep him out of my hair somehow. :) j/k He's the coolest. Damn, that kid can play. My problem is that I don't get very far in that game because I constantly generate characters. It's a curse.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    BG2 is a little questy (or quest ridden?)...For more on that, ask Sylvus.

But otherwise, I really like BG2...The kits are cooler, the monster ai is generally better, and there are a lot of cool places to explore.

7. hooligan_inc Guest

Besides all that girlfriend bollocks, I watch Liverpool play, watch WCW on my mates sky satellite dish, and have a laugh with my mates.

8. Nightal Gems: 7/31

I have friends to hang out with, playing snooker or soccer with them, I used to Play Magic a lot that till I got bored and Wizards started to release a new edition every month (it all started with Mirage) and of course playing ad&d computer games

Is there anybody else here who used to play Magic or still does it?

I'm also a lot on school in freetimes!

9. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Yeah, I play every once in a long awhile. I just bought 2 packs of the newest set, Invasion, some weeks ago. It's a little weird. There are like dual cards (two small cards printed on one) so you can play either of them. That is pretty cool. Oh yah, they brought back gold cards. I think they are trying to encourage three color decks again (yuck).

Lately, I've actually just been getting into Pen and Paper D&D. Unfortunately, most people on campus go home over the weekends so there aren't very many people to play. Our DM was getting a bit frusterated but he joined a D&D League of some sorts recently, they meet on Mondays.

Most of my time is spent working or socializing. I kind of wish I had more "me" time, but I'm never home that much anyways.

10. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

job, girlfriend, computer, reading, and of course D&D, that is my life.

11. Sol'Kanar Guest

Take out the job and thats me. I have no free time spent on other things myself. Are there any paladins in IWD? I havent actually played by myself but if there are paladins it might be worth it to get the game just for the pleasure of the hunt. Ah well. The problen with DnD is that no matter what manner of Paladins I could throw at the PCs they are too good to kill them. I might be able to slowly corrupt most of them though hehehehehe

12. Apart from schoolwork, which I seem to be doing most of the time in Year 11, I like to skateboard, go out with my mates, read, listen to music and go to the nearest dryslope (whenever I have enough spare cash) and go boarding.

Oh yeah, and I have a job washing up (lucky me - £2 an hour :()

[This message has been edited by The Amazing Ooopah (edited January 20, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Amazing Ooopah (edited January 20, 2001).]

13. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

So far I haven't really noticed very many groups or parties other than Necro shiznit groups that you can fight. No paladin hunting as far as I know. There seem to be a few evil clerics and mages, but they are more than meets the eye.

14. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] I am a junior in college studying Human Resource Management at the age of 25. Ughhh. I am also working an intership in my field at a prominate medical facility where I live in Ohio. Of course I wouldn't still be college just trying to get my bachelors if I hadn't taken a detour through the military life for a while. Again I say Ughhh!

I am fixing up the house I have not even been in for a year yet. Planning a wedding. Playing D&D, as well as still trying to read new books, keep up on my drawing, and writing.

I still manage to go dancing, drinking, and attending the occasional cool auto show.

15. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Congrats, Satiana, for having such an activity filled life and for your wedding.
    oh, musn't forget... :D

16. hooligan_inc Guest

Oompah you LUCKY bastard!!!
    I have a job washing up at a pub where i live for £1.75 an hour. Don't work too long though coz things get Rowdy in there after they've downed a few, so I work from about 7.00-11.00pm Fridays and Sundays

17. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

All I have to say is work, college, and weight-lifting (when the other 2 permit).

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] well when i'm not being D&D orintated, i'm usually learning more of the guitar, constructing songs, writing lyrics etc. I also watch some fotball, go paintballing, go-karting etc. Especially putting on a music CD, turn the volume to max and jump around like a prat at a rock concert strumming an air guitar!

19. Ahhh, but is your boss a prick, Hooligan.

Well, mine is; he says "f*ck" every sentence, has a speech defect which he calls his "birdie" (I have nothing angains people with speech defects, it's just him), throws around knives (no shit, he does), when he isnt working (which is often)he sits out the front drinking.

Usually I work quiet days, so for about 2 hours of my 4 hour shift, I have nothing to do. So he finds me crappy jobs to do; last week I had to shovel soil that STANK of shit for an hour and sweep up brick dust which f*cked my abck up.

Beat that! :p

20. hooligan_inc Guest

Hmmm...Nope, can't! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.