1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Future Super Hero Movies

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Eldular, May 2, 2006.

1. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

X-Men: The Last Stand

"The X-Men, mutant heroes sworn to defend a world that hates and fears them, are back! This time, with the help of new recruits The Beast and Angel, they must face evolution itself in the form of their former teammate, Jean Grey. Possessed with the cosmic power of the Dark Phoenix, the resurrected Jean Grey has become a danger to herself, her mutant comrades, and the entire planet. To stave off this imminent threat to humanity, a potential cure is discovered and processed to treat -- and ultimately eliminate -- genetic mutations, once and for all. Now, as the battle lines are drawn, the X-Men, led by Professor Charles Xavier, must contend with both Jean Grey's world-consuming powers, as well as the malevolent Brotherhood, a band of powerful mutants organized under Xavier's former ally, Magneto." - IMDb

This is interesting: "the final chapter in the X-Men motion picture trilogy" I had no idea this was the last movie, although it makes sence. It seems this will be one heck of a movie! Might even top the Spiderman movies. I'm very exited to see Angel in action, although I never did read much about this character.

X-Men 3 Trailers
    EDIT: X-Men 3 Official website, which includes the profiles of many of the mutants appearing in the movie, such as:

Colossus, Juggetnaut, and Callisto. Sadly, no Gambit.

Superman Returns

"Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic Superman Returns. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space." - IMDb

Same director as X-Men so I'm going to guess this one will kick arse! Although I'm not too happy with the story line. He should have found Super Girl frozen somewhere in space (I forget where exacly) during his search for any Krypton survivors, among other things I don't like.

Credited cast:
    Brandon Routh .... Superman/Clark Kent
    Kevin Spacey .... Lex Luthor
    Kate Bosworth .... Lois Lane
    James Marsden .... Richard White
    Frank Langella .... Perry White
    Sam Huntington .... Jimmy Olsen
    Eva Marie Saint .... Martha Kent
    Parker Posey .... Kitty Kowalski
    Kal Penn .... Stanford
    Stephan Bender .... Young Clark Kent

THUMBS WAY DOWN FOR KATE BOSWORTH AS LOIS LANE! I like the one playing Superman though, seems fitting. Kevin Spacey would be OK playing Lex Luthor I suppose, we'll find out I guess.

Superman Returns Trailer

Found some interesting titles Marvel plans to produce:

"David Self (Road to Perdition) has been tapped to pen the long-awaited feature version of Captain America.

Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) will direct and co-write with Joe Cornish the feature film Ant Man, with a comedic twist.

Andrew Marlowe (Hollow Man) will write the script for Nick Fury, based on Marvel's military super spy.

Mark Protosevich (Poseidon) will pen Thor. "
    - Sci Fi Wire

I'm not that big of a fan of Captain America, but I do like the character. I've never heard of Ant Man, nor Nick Fury. Thor sounds like it would be a waste of money.

Also, they are working on Iron Man:

"Jon Favreau is set to direct Marvel Studios' live-action movie Iron Man, which will now be distributed by Paramount, part of a slate of directing and writing deals Marvel announced, Variety reported. Marvel is developing the titles, which it will independently finance out of a $525 million fund from Merrill Lynch.

Iron Man is Marvel's top priority and will be written by Arthur Marcum and Matt Hollaway (Convoy). "
    - Sci Fi Wire

I liked this guy's performance in Dare Devil (which I liked despite what most people say about it), but I don't know about him actually directing a movie. I hope he doesn't ruin that movie, Iron Man is a great character.

What I find odd is that IMDb mentions Nick Cassavetes as the director not Jon Favreau, so I'm a bit confused there.

There's also a bit of talk on The Incredible Hulk, a sequel to Hulk (2003) on that Sci Fi Wire article.

Also, here's the official website for the Ghost Rider movie (Feb. 2007) with Nicolas Cage (Johnny) and Eva Mendez (Roxanne):

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/

[ May 02, 2006, 08:39: Message edited by: Eldular ]

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm, neither have I - outside of a pretty funny mid-80's Saturday Night Live skit, which I thought they invented him for. It'll be funny if it's based on that, but I can't see a major studio basing an entire movie off of an SNL bit that was luke-warm funny and kind of obscure.

Could be wrong though - anybody know what's up with Ant Man?

3. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Marvel's upcoming film slate is idiotic in the extreme.

From here:

Lesse, Cloak & Dagger? Shang-Chi? Black Panther? Ant-Man? Power friggin Pack?

It's as though they looked through their huge catalog of intellectual properties and picked the ones least likely to succeed.

Ant-Man is one of the Avengers, for what it's worth (or was, before they blew him up a few years ago. Bet he comes back from the dead anytime, now, though; everyone else has. Sometimes repeatedly *cough*JeanGrey*cough*).

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ant man was a genius scientist who created the android Vision in the Marvel Comic world. He was never really a stand alone hero.

Colonel Nick Fury is Captain America's boss effectively, he runs S.H.I.E.L.D. (though I'm not sure what SHIELD is exactly beyond a highly elite military group).

5. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Nick Fury even appears in the animated series of Spiderman helping the friendly neighbour against The Chamaleon and in the Iron Man animated series in the saga of the Armor Wars and some other chapter I can't remember.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Nick Fury kicks major ass. He is one of the coolest characters in the Marvel universe and back before all these Marvel "Max" titles came out, he was one of the few characters who had the balls to do the jobs that needed doing but nobody was willing to do. These few other people being, say, Punisher and Wolverine. That and he worked for the government and the U.N but didn't take sh*t from them or anybody else ;)

I've heard of Black Panther, but he's really a background "nobody" character from one of the Avengers spinoffs. Avengers West Coast iirc.

No news on Ghost Rider starring Nick Cage? I believe it's already done, at least partly.

7. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

"Nicolas Cage plays Johnny Blaze, a motorcycle stuntman turned into the fearsome, skull-faced vigilante, Ghost Rider. As a young man, he gives up his soul to Mephisto (Peter Fonda) in a deal to save his dying father. Consequently forced to part with his true love, Roxanne Simpson (Eva Mendes), Blaze reluctantly fades away from his comfortable life. After years go by, he and Mephisto cross paths once again. It seems that Mephisto’s son and nemesis, Blackheart (Wes Bentley), has sworn to overthrow his father so that he may mold a new and more horrifying hell in his own vision. Mephisto offers to return Blaze’s soul if he will defeat Blackheart. Blaze becomes the hell-spawned Ghost Rider, nourished with Mephisto’s power and ready to exact vigilante justice on the wicked. Suddenly, Roxanne reemerges in Blaze’s life and he is compelled to protect her as well as his new secret." - WorstPreviews

They have a MUST read preview on it, despite the site's name, it has gotten quite a good preview.

It has a Trailer, Pictures, and posters.

Credited Cast:

Nicolas Cage .... Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider
    Eva Mendes .... Roxanne Simpson
    rest of cast listed alphabetically:
    Raquel Alessi .... Young Roxanne
    Wes Bentley .... Blackheart
    Peter Cavnoudias .... Peter
    Sam Elliott .... Caretaker
    Peter Fonda .... Mephisto
    Daniel Frederiksen .... Wallow
    Donal Logue .... Mack
    Matt Long .... Young Johnny Blaze

Wondering why Nicolas Cage is in a movie that has been "in development since 2001"? (Movie is finished though):

"He is such a big fan of the comic books that he called the director himself when he overheard that Johnny Depp was being considered for the role. He’s been attached to the project ever since then. Reportedly, the superstar actor even owns five Ghost Rider motorcycles and sports a Ghost Rider tattoo, which had to be covered up with make-up while filming." - WorstPreviews

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I have to say of the Marvel ones only the Avengers, possibly Capt. America (unless it's too american) and most definitely Doctor Steven Strange are the ones that pique my interest.

The rest drivel as far as I'm concerned. The only possible redeeming factor to Nick Fury would be if Natasha (Black Widow) is in it as well.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Captain America would definitely be too American. That guy is just a WWII propaganda advertisement and would just be laughed at by people from outside of the USA.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

The name alone is enough to raise a giggle.

It wouldn't work over here.

'Captain Britain, go!'

Why are there so few British comic movies? Even Constantine was made American.

I'd like to see a Durham Red movie. Mind you, I'd just like to see more Durham Red. She was cool. She equals Lara on the Daie-appreciation scale.

11. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Captain's evolved over the years to deal with the audiences of the 80s and 90s. He can't really give up the embodiment of the American spirit, but, at least during the 90s (when I was a big reader of Marvel Comics) the patriotic elements in him where definately downplayed and he'd only make off hand references to the spirit of the American people. I don't know how much as changed though, I stopped following the series after they killed him the first time in the late 90s.

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Thats not too hard to do... they sucked.

But, on topic, X-3 looks like it is going to kick some major ass.

13. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    The current incarnation of Cap is actually, shockingly, relevant to the times we live in. Ye olde knight in shining armor (or draped in American flag) ain't there anymore. Shades of grey are the order of the day.

14. DarkStrider

Never heard or read Alan Moore, Daie? He created Captain Britain, as well V for Vendetta, re-made Swamp Thing among others. Sadly the only great british comic is 2000AD and the only film to come from that was ****e Judge Dredd. There's a game coming from it which could be interesting Rogue Trooper.

But on the whole the best british talent went to america to work, Moore, Dave Gibbons (great illustrator), and of course Neil Gaiman.

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It makes me worried that they're producing so many movies that they're going to overdo the genre and make it lame. The Fantastic Four is a great example of how this happens - they just want to crank out a movie to capitalize on the comic-book craze right now, rather than actually take the time to make it half-decent. Same trend in video game movies, too.

16. DarkStrider

I agree DR, the Hulk was bad, FF was worse (despite Jessica Alba). Aeon Flux looks bad, I keep hearing rumours that they are going to make The Sandman into films, I fervently hope they never do.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Come on, you guys think FF was worse than Hulk?? :confused:

imo, the Hulk was the worst comic book movie they've put out in the last 5 years.

18. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Rogue Trooper, Slaine, The ABC warriors and Strontium Dogs were all good strips.

I always liked the Eagle as a Kid, although it went through a number of mergers (Tiger, Wildcat, even MASK) so I can't remember which would have been original characters. Dan Dare would probably make a pretty poor film although I'd love to see the Mekon on film. Other strips included Computer Warrior, Storm Force, Doomlord, the Thirteenth Floor, MACH 1, and Deathwish. None of which stand out as movie material though.

Please don't forget Tank Girl as well, (well... OK... please forget the film which was piss poor) the comic strip was reasonably good and I always liked Jamie Hewletts artwork - he also did it for the "Senseless Things" and currently does it for Gorillaz. Mind you I'm probably biased, he was a friend of my cousin and in a couple of strips there is an uncanny resemblance of the characters to her and her friends.

19. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    FF didn't try to be a "real" movie, and was fun a "brain to the off position" way. Hulk did try to be a "real" film, and failed miserably.

Hulk might be a "better" film, but it's far less entertaining.

20. D171087 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

huahahahahaha
    Hulk ?? that big green with a blue panty ??
    come on,,, hahahaha,,,,
    is there any movie bout Iron Man ??
    i wonder if there any movies bout him,,,

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.