1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Games that make you go "WHAT THE HELL!"

Discussion in 'Playground' started by theholygit, Apr 11, 2002.

1. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

This is for all you people who were totaly and utterly perplexed by games. Games that, all the way through you understood. Until you got to the end and didn't quite understand one conversation, and so didn't get the whole plot at the end of the game.

For me this must be Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. **possible spoiler for those who haven't gone through it**
    I have been captured, and have gotten of the torture table. I was walking around naked, and got a call from the colonel. He started telling me to unplug the controller, and that this is just game. Then he started talking about a bright light in the night sky that picked him up, and took him home. By now i was scared that he gone mad. Then he said that i had been playing it too much, so i thought it was just a little bug, or an easter egg. Then i get a dodgy message from Rose who says that she was a spy, she laughs and says she's pregnant then it goes wierd. The snake appears and i have to kill him with a sword. Many more strange things happen but i would be affraid to plug the post with them.
    So tell me what freaked you out in a game, or just made you think what the hell?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The appearance of cretinous award winner Habib in SoA with "unremovable" scimitars.

After the comment from your topic title, I just said "spare me such sh*t in the future"!

3. yappie! Guest

Learning To Play Black And White

It took me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES!
    The mouse control is so confusing, you're still finding new ways to use it after months, and that's just the mouse!! The rest of the game took me half a year to be confident enough with the controls to play online; and even then i got thrashed!

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] When I first tried to explore a room with one of my three characters in PoR, and the invisible wall appeared...

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The first time I ran across the sex-change girdle in BG.

6. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] THE game that makes you go "What the hell."

PLANESCAPE TORMENT!!!

(foot successfully loaded into mouth)

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Xaelifer: I'd have to back you up on that one. I just picked it up a few days ago, and even though I have the walkthrough, I'm wondering WTF?!

There's a couple of neat ideas, like a Lucasarts-"Can't die in this game, so explore at your leisure" idea, and the Fallout1 kinda "Hub/Brotherhood/Glow" music beat.

I'm not saying I udderly reject it, but I'm saying it will have to grow on me before I can sign off on it.

Someone roll up a Ryder o' fertilizer, and get that sucker growing...

8. jesper898 Guest

theholygit i got the answer to the colonels strange behavior:)
    the colonel is an ai and after Emma put the virus into Arsenal Gears GW system the colonel got infected:)

9. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ah, I now know, seeming as i am now fighting Solidus. So the whole time Rose and the colonel were just the GW AI? Thats weird. I was Wondering, was Rose realy a Patriot tool or was that just the GW messing with your head?

10. jesper898 Guest

Rose exists, she was just a spy for the patriots,but she did fall in love with Jack.
    And it was just the GW interfering
    (you might have to replay the game a few times to get the whole story,i had to:p)
    BTW did you know that the patriots died 100 years ago?(you hear a radio transmission with Snake and Otacon after the credits)So i think that means that the Patriots already had the technology that we have now, in the beginning if the 20th century,so they they could exist in a computer.Do you think that the colonel is a patriot?
    Really makes you want a mgs3 huh?:D

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited April 18, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.