1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Games we'd like to see

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Elios, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

What are some types of games you'd like to see put on the market?
    Simulation, adventure, 3-D shooters, flight, action, etc.

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

none of those just rpg's

(hoping for fallout3 :o )

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

RTS and RPG. I don't play anything else.

I would also like to mention Starcraft 2 and another Planescape game before somebody else does :p .

4. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

More RPG:s. And of course my dream game: a combination of Half-Life and Fallout.

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Someone should make a game that is a mix of everything! Even though it will suck, it could, theoreticly, by sort of fun, in it's own quirky kind of ways.

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

A new X-Com that was like the first one but with new graphics, sound, etc.

7. Elios Gems: 17/31

OK, my fault for not being less vague on what I was asking.
    What I was looking for was more of what kind of topic, or theme to a game.
    For example, before it came out, I thought it would be really cool to have a game where you could design and run your own zoo. Then, Zoo Tycoon came out!
    For some reason I think a cool game would be were you design a home and build it, then put in on the market for sale. You could build based on the needs and wants of a simulated community. Kimda like the Sims, only the sims would have the choice to move into your house or not.

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

I almost forgot. A new and more advanced Sim Farm. Loved the first one, and at least I think running farms is cool :p .

9. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] THIEF III!!! I would probably get it the second it comes out.

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Oooookay. Allow me to reiterate.
    I would like a game where aliens are attacking the earth. The player would run a secret organization that fights the aliens, researching new tech to help, making and defending bases. The combat would be turn based.

11. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I like all those games you mentioned and agree that they should make them all instead all those 3d shooters or RTS that are mostly published now, but except that i would like to play something similar (new version) of Xenon or Raptor or Tyrian, i had some fun with them and i think that they are best if you want to take 5-10 min break.

12. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Is PimpSim already in development? :D

Seriously I also have been dying for a new X-COM game! I've tried some similar games, like Abomination, and Odium, but it just wasn't the same.

[ October 09, 2002, 19:18: Message edited by: Nutrimat ]

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'd like to see a Fallout-style persistent world, based around inter-player the regrowth of civilisation and encouraging the formation of factions/communities which would then have to compete or trade for scarce resources. I'd probably never play it, because I have connectivity issues, but I just think it would be really cool. Actually there are probably thousands of games like this, I just haven't heard of them because I don't play online.

[ October 09, 2002, 20:40: Message edited by: Ironbeard ]

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] hmm - games for the future:

You play an Emu that is a master spy in an organisation extending all over the world

A game like Marrowind3-elder scrolls thingy with more story, races, classes and stuff like that

you play someone in a futuristic prison - you must gather your friends and break free in hopes of thwarting an evil plan

15. idoru Gems: 11/31

I want a new simfarm too! I guess there's more money in a 5th expansion pack to the sims... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind more flight simulators.. obviously those things cater to a very small audience, so you don't see a good, high budget simulator that often. The latest one was IL2 Sturmovik, and even though that simulator is great, it's also WW2, meaning that there's still no good option for those who want to fly more modern aircrafts.

16. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Please please please someone come up with a game set in the Oathboud d20 campaign setting. I've never played in it, but it looks to me to be the most interesting/odd setting out there.

17. Elios Gems: 17/31

Ok, I just thought of one.
    How about a 3D shooter were you take out all those annoying actors in commercials, like Jarrod and that other Subway guy, Jason Alexander and his chicken, etc?

18. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Newgrounds has a bunch of Flash celebrity killing games, and I did see one that was basically one of the GAP commercials, except you have a gun and lots of ammo.

19. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How about a Wheel of Time based game, and yes, I already know about the FPS that was released a while back (I'm borrowing it from a friend.)
    Also, I'm curious to see if they're will be any more remakes of old games (Ninja Gaiden coming out on the Xbox, Shinobi (PS2) and Rygar (PS2))

20. Frostmage Gems: 11/31

Veteran

I'd also like an infinity engine game set in the dragonlance world. Dragonlance is simply so much better than FR!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.