1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Going thief

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Grovflab, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you are playing as a thief, are there any special things happening? Like when playing as a mage, you get to unlock the circle of certimon.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    None that I know of...

3. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Sad.......

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The only so called special in thief class thing is that you can teach Annah few of your thieving tricks and she can do the same to you. They screwed up the story here I think.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm working through my first PS:T game, so help me out here.

I reached 4th level fighter and then let Bloodwart train me on how to be a thief. I'm now 3rd level and plan on reaching 5th or so before switching back to fighter or mage.

Is all this possible or am I a theif for life?

If so (based on the comments on this post) I might as well start over!

- MAT

6. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

It is possibly to switch back, the problem is that in doing so, you lose all thieving skills.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Bloodwart - who's that?

No, you don't lose thief abilities, you just put them asleep until you change class to thief again. You're not thief for life in any case (at least not in Torment). If you don't believe me, try to talk to Dak'kon about his teaching.
    So, continue with whatever you want.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 24, 2001).]

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Right now I am a 4th level, Lawful Good thief!?!? :eek:

Talk about confusion. I'm in the Buried City about to tackle Pharod. Is there anyone who can turn me back into a fighter before this conflict????

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Dak'kon (NPC party member) or Porphiron (northwest Hive).
    any class --> fighter

10. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

umm, 'takle pharod' ?????????
    you dont fight pharod. you just talk to him and he tells you to get a bronze sphere for him.
    SPOILER
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    later on in the game pharod dies, remember to go loot his corpse for the bronze sphere, you'll want it for the end of the game

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Fenix, he actually can kill Pharod, but that has serious consequences. Anyway Mat, I suggest you do get that sphere for him and get NPC Annah in party, then kill the bastard if you want.

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

I was looking forward to a climatic fight for my journal :(

Anyway, he sent me to the catacombs and I'm off fighting ghouls and rats for the sphere like a good Fighter (I got switched back - thanks for the advice).

Right now It's only me, Morte and the old guy.

I meet the chick with a tail, but she didn't want to hang with me yet.

Gosh, I hate feeling like a newbi! I better stick to the BG2 forum where I can be a snooty expert! :p

13. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Mat,
    Although Im sure youve noticed this, Torment is a MUCH better game than BG2. I finally got to finish Torment today (my dad likes to reformat his harddrive every month for no apparent reason, but I finally got my own comp). The ending movies are the highest quality movies I have seen in any game ever. Also, once your finished, it is worth reloading a few times to see all the endings. Finally, once youve finished that game, its worth editing torment.ini to make it so you can see all the movies, most walkthroughs tell you how to do this. I missed a few VERY cool movies.
    --FenixStrife

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

I'm actually enjoying this game very much. It is very different from the typical RPG. It makes me think a lot more! Plus, I'm used to just walking past all the silly peasants. Now I have to talk to them! :(

I was tempted to switch from PS:T to IWD:HOW, but I think I'll stay here for awhile!

15. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Fenix, you don't need to carry the sphere around all the way through. When you go to the fortress of regrets (?), it is automatically returned to your inventory.

That is, if my memory is working ok, as it is almost a year since I completed the game.

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31

When you reach the portal that leads there and if Bronze Sphere is in inventory of one party member, it'll be moved to inventory of Nameless One. But it doesn't appear in your inventory from nowhere you must have it in party inventory. But true, you don't have to bring it everywhere with you.
    Be sure to pick it up at least when time comes to go to Fortress of Regrets (it won't disappear).

There are two more items that are moved from party member's inventory to Nameless inventory at that time and those are Blade of Immortal and Negative Token.

Important: It'll make your life easier if you bring Deionarra's Wedding Ring to Fortress of Regrets and tell her that you have it - however, this ring won't be moved into Nameless' inventory so do it manually.

17. Avooch Dar Guest

i like the sphere.....it smells of egg

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Was it a sphere or something else smelled?

19. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Extremist, what is the Negative token? Never heard of it.

20. Extremist Gems: 31/31

In Smoldering Corpse Bar talk to that ethereal creature (can't remember his name - he is near Ebb Creaknees). Ask him about planes and his travels. He'll tell you that he survived Negative Material Plane with Negative Token and he'll pass that item to you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.