1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Great moments in SP Role Playing

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Scot, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This thread's purpose is to highlight great moments of role playing here on the SP boards. It is not to vote for the best or most popular thread or character, but to expose greatness and the "magic of role playing" and why so many of us keep coming back here. Some categories to think about, but not be limited to, are: humorous moments, dramatic moments, great character development, great dialogue run, interesting plots, bizarre characters.

Feel free to draw from ancient, at least in computer time, history on the boards, or even the SPer's only board.

Some of the things I've particularly enjoyed:

humorous moments - when Atten is exasperated after Sepp passes out after his mother's spirit leaves him: from http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/11/264/3.html

Atten breathes a silent prayer to the forest to save him from these bizarre people. He points at the halfling on the ground.

“Are you sure he’s OK? He sounds like some sort of gibbering idiot to me, who shouldn’t be let outside on his own, never mind being in the forest at night. How is he intending to take on these evil creatures (if they even exist) if he can’t even stand on his own two feet without injuring himself?

dramatic moments -

Jex plunging both his scimitars into Viper's Fang's back, from http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/11/264/6.html

Jex pulled his blades from Stranglers chest and ran past everyone else towards Vipers Fang. Jumping on the giantic humans back, he raied both scimitars in the air and brought them down as hard as his muscles would allow. Aiming right at the spinal cord of the man. It would at least stop the giant, if not kill him.

interesting plots - I think Forbidden Forest has a very interesting beginning, with a little boy wandering alone in a dangerous forest.

bizarre characters - Spider, from the Forbidden Forest, is absolutely insane.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This from Takara, a gnome distantly related to Jan Janssen, in the Copper Coronet thread, during a fierce battle in a tunnel:

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

A great character was Shalladeth from the Copper Coronet. He had a famous flaming sword but it inevitably ended up catching his pantaloons on fire whenever he went into battle.

5. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

My God! I was thinking about a thread like this just the other day. Good Job.

As for a great SP RP moment. Hmmm...

I enjoyed the scene in the earlier Pirates: A New Begining where Reeves and Alexa were alone in the dorm, or where ever it was. That was good, IMO.

6. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Spider is an extremely funny character. A cannon from a goat's "little winkie" I laughed alot after reading that one. I have two insane characters also
    Dumbledalf Gandore from Trademeet who is a senile old wizard. I also have Jeibi Lanzer from Brynne Shander he is a girly bard who has crazy hair and goggles (modled after a transvestite) who sings crazy songs all the time. As for a dramatic moment in Forbidden Forest when we're fighting the giant spider. I thought that was very intense.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    [public service announcement]
    FYI: There have been four Pirate RPs that I know of - Pirates of the Sorcerean (PotS), Aik's second attempt at piracy (aka, the Death of NaeVa), Takara's thread, and now KC's.
    [/public service announcement]

I liked the moment in Aik's second when Captain Lokken, having listened to a complete stranger (who was also clueless and obnoxious) make a proposal for one of the most hare-brained schemes ever, responded as a true pirate should...

He unceremoniously shot the jackass, took his stuff and maps, and tossed him overboard. :lol: Hence the "aka" designation, above. ;)

Of course, I also rather like how the ship's piper celebrated that moment in song, but that would be bragging...

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I quite like the random small little references I put in my RP posts. One I remember better is in the second Pirates, when Pierre has just regained his ship, and said "Welcome aboard the Black Wind, Miss Zillah".

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Clueless and obnoxious ... not to mention a total godmodding tw...it.

Anyway - my memory of old RPs is gone or tainted by the inevitably crappy way they ended. So no great moments from me...

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In Forbidden Forest EI's character Derek has lost his mind. Scot posted:

"Hmmn, this does not seem to be working very well. Let me try something else." Rainette said. He waited till Derek was not holding the club tightly, then shot his tongue out and snatched the club out of Derek's hand. He grabbed the club before it knocked his teeth out. "Derek! What's that behind you?!" he yelled. As Derek turned to look, Rainette sprang up and whacked Derek in the back of the head with his club. Not hard enough to crack his skull, but hopefully hard enough to knock the sense back into his thick head. Then he leaped up into a tree and skittered around the trunk to the opposite side of Derek, just in case it didn't work.

Had me :lol:

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I'd ssay Alexa torturing Jean to death in Pirates: ANB was definitely a good one... character death, strong emotions, and imo one of the moments that defined that game to me:D

*giggle*

Reeves just cheered on the sidelines...

12. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm biased, but I liked killing Jex.

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I liked that scene in Rashermen where Benan had Jex killed. It also showed trust in his fellow players to save Jex. Excellent RPing imo.

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Off Subject - I FOUND OUT WHAT IMO MEANS!

I also liked it when Jex died, and I like how everyone is mean to Kelvados and Delinos, but not too mean, because everyone had their soft spot for the drow .. in Rashemen.

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Much amusement of Jacques causing of chaos as he's trying to rescue Matty in the Pirates thread.

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Not to toot my own horn, but this is likely the only funny scene Delphinae will ever be involved in:

17. Nakia

Media:
    In the Trademeet thread imo kuemper did an excellent job of getting her character Andra out of a sticky situation without being uber.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    This proves that Kilty is evil.

We never saw that coming.... :eek:

19. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I know this is almost a month old, but I have to say Arrr! The Pirates Return RP got a mention!

20. Nakia

Media:
    I think this is one of those 'Great Moments'. I'm posting the link because the actual post is too long to quote. From Rashemen Book 2
    See Here

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.