1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

GTA Vice City

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Pac man, May 28, 2003.

1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Does anyone else think they made some levels way too hard ?

For instance: that level where you have to control that little helicopter to plant four bombs in a building. As if it's not hard enough to do it within the amount of time given to you, there's also constructionworkers attacking you with their tools, and some of them are even shooting at you !?!?

Some construction company huh ? :D

I have been trying to get passed this level for the last two days, but i can't seem to get it right. I could use some tips, so if anyone has a few, you're more than welcome to share it here.

2. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I did it in like 3 min and in the first attempt. Dunno what people think is hard. But try to change the turret controls in options.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Try to fly as high as you can to avoid the construction workers. You can actually just skip the floor with the security guards, as there is no bomb on its level (I hope) by just flying straight up when you are on the stairs.

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Change the controls. Definitely. I don't know what kind of drug the moron took who designed them but it's obvious he was on some sort of illegal medicine. With sucky controls it's no wonder you can't make it.

And it was so easy for me and my roommate that if you got the controls right and still can't make it, then games that require average reflexes and finger-motorics (right word?) just aren't for you.

Besides the guys with tools can't even catch you if you just keep moving, or fly high enough.

5. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I actually don't mind the way the controls are set up. I found them rather easy actually.

Anyway, I beat the level by just killing the construction workers that came after me with the helocopters blades... Lots of fun to see the blood flying, though it did take a few tries as occasionally I hit the the floor and blew the helocopter up.

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] Did you actually find the time to do that ? After all, you only have 7 minutes to plant the bombs.

7. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I found the helocopters pretty easy to control so time wasn't really a huge issue and besides I had to attempt the mission three or four times so by the end I knew where I had to go to plant all the bombs. I never actually went out of my way to kill people, it was just when they came running after the helocopter I killed them instead of trying to avoid them. The hardest are the people shooting at you, I can't remember if I just flew by them as fast as I could or if I tried to kill them or not.

8. Sadistic Butcher Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Just curious are you guys talking about the PC or PS2 version when talking about controls? I have GTA3 on PC and it's *way* easier than with a stupid controller. Tried it once on a friend's PS2 and I couldn't even get past the first mission without totalling my car.

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I haven't played the PC version but the PS2 controls were really easy to get to grips with.

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I'm talking about the PC version. And i don't have a problem with the controls, i just can't seem to get certain things right. Maybe i just don't have the patience for games like this, and am i better off when i'm sticking with games like Morrowind and Arx Fatalis. :D

I won't give up that easily though, i'll keep trying every now and then. Just not too often, before i lose my temper and throw my PC out of the window. :D

11. Sadistic Butcher Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, if you get desperate check out this guide:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_vice_city_100.txt

It's an extremely useful step by step guide to complete the game 100%. But I wouldn't recommend trying this until you've already beaten the game a few times. I kinda spoiled it for myself with the original Grand Theft Auto 3. In that game anyway, once you complete the game 100% you probably won't wanna do it again. Hopefully I won't make the same mistake if I ever get Vice City.

About controls, I had no problem with using WASD for movement and shooting and moving the camera around with the mouse on foot. Don't know anything about flying a helicopter though, none in GTA3.

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Thanks for the link, i might give that a try. And i AM kinda desperate. Playing the same level over and over again, day after day, can really get you mad. It would be better if you could save the game whenever you wanted to, but that's not an option in the GTA series.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.