1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Halo Addiction!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Sir Belisarius, May 7, 2002.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I played Halo on the Sony X-Box this weekend. It is a fantastic game!!!! I played head to head with 6 other players. Sometimes we played 3-on-3 teams, sometimes free-for-all killfest!!!

It is awesome!!!! I don't know how it is solo, but playing against each other is incredible!!! I've never played Unreal, but I get the impression that it's something like that!

Has anyone else played this? What did you think?

2. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I've played it and it's a great game and so did Microsoft, because to ensure they had the rights for the game they just bought the entire company that makes it....

By the way, there's no such thing as a Sony X-box, there is SOny Playstation and Microsoft X-Box

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Bel, that's a blasphemy! After all the time you've spend with us in BG?
    Well, I guess that betrayal comes as professional "disease" when you're lawyer... :p

4. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Sir Belisarius, for your dishonorable and baffeling behavior in playing the inferior POS known as the MS Xbox, you are hereby stripped of rank and sentenced to 10 years of hard labor. :p

Seriously, the Xbox is a joke, and Halo is a rip of. Notice how most of the rooms look exactly the same? How the graphics are bland and simplistic?

Go pick up a copy of Morrowind. :)

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] oooo the pain, the PAIN! I have no other thoughts about the Xbox, or even the Halo game in toto (like that legalistic word? ;) ) I'm just saying I played it head to head with six other people, and had a freaking blast!!!!!

My favorite was lining up someone in the sights of my 10x sniper rifle, and pumping two quick rounds into someone's head! Ahhh, the carnage!

Shun me if you will, but I had fun playing it...and would do so again! (note my intense yellow stare...)

6. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Played it with 6 other people, eh? Must have had either a HUGE tv, two xbox's and two TVs, or one TINY little playing screen.

On an interesting side note: Nvidia and MS are suing each other over the price of the GF3 used in the xbox. MS does not want to pay Nvidia the agreed upon amount per chip.

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] 2 xboxes and 2 huge tv's...Awesome! Simply Awesome!

8. jesper898 Guest

You should try coop too bel:)
    i beat Halo with my friend and it was great:)
    Nothing beats driving a warthog while your buddy is using the mounted machine gun to kill aliens:)

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Great video - http://rampancy.net/halo_warthog_jump_high.mov :)

Never played Halo myself anyway, but going by that video, the gameplay and graphics is pretty darn sweet.

Not for poor connectiosn though, it'll take a while.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited May 08, 2002).]

10. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Well, I played HALO and thought it was pretty well done, particularly when there's more than one of you on your side. I dig the coments about repetitive architecture and so on, thats true, but the game is good. I don't get why there's so much 'BOX "hatin'" going on. Its alright, give it time, there'll be a decent game library for it in time, and there are definitely plenty of interesting games coming this year, not just PS2 games with an "X" on the end. i for one made an investment in the BOX and I don't fell like a sucker quite yet. I'm waiting for Knights of the Old Republic and a few others, like Maximum Chase before I say it sucks. It may not be a revolution, but it isn't lame either. Then again, I'm a law student so who knows?

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've seen a demo video of HALO about two years ago and it was pretty impressive .... and then MS bought it and the game was delayed, as was the x-box .... monopolists :(

Maybe I try it on PC, I'll sure as hell won't buy an X-box :D

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] A friend of mine (the one who introduced me to Halo) sent me an email on Friday about the re-pricing of the X-Box. Apparently, the price will be cut to $199USD at the end of this month.

Here's the article he sent me: http://www.gamespydaily.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=3403

Personally, I think I'm going to hold out for IWD2...Mostly because I don't know anyone near my house that has an X-Box...SO the multi player killfest is not an option for me at home :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.