1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Has UKIP peaked, as the leftist establishment suggests?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Arctic Daishi, Apr 12, 2013.

?

Has UKIP peaked? Will they continue to win over Labour voters?

1. American: UKIP will continue to grow; Labour defections will continue.

100.0%
  2. American: UKIP will continue to grow; Labour defections will be spearheaded.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. American: UKIP will has peaked; Labour defections have been spearheaded.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Foreigner: UKIP will continue to grow; Labour defections will continue.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Foreigner: UKIP will continue to grow; Labour defections will be spearheaded.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Foreigner: UKIP will has peaked; Labour defections have been spearheaded.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arctic Daishi Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    Recently the Labour Party has been very upset with the libertarian and freedom-loving UK Independence Party, because the UK Independence Party has been driving former Labour voters to their cause. The Labour Party responded by saying that the UK Independence Party has "reached it's peak," and that it will never become anymore or less popular than it is today, it's just going to stay exactly as it is. While the Labour Party no doubt hopes for maintaining the status quo, such seems incredibly unlikely, with virtually every single opinion poll conducted in the United Kingdom showing that UKIP continues to grow and is currently polling at around 30% of the vote (for the next general election).

Anyway, I'll post the article below. Do you think the leftist establishment is correct, or does the picture painted below by one of the few remaining journalists of honesty and integrity represent the facts?

Article: http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/fraser...s-the-new-party-of-the-british-working-class/

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You seem to have a very odd opinion about how UK politics work.

A lot of people only know the name of the party and know very little of what they stand for (apart from the obvious).

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :rolleyes: *sigh* (in a lingering fashion)

(This was not in response to Silvery)

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just have this picture of some weedy guy reading conspiracy web-sites all alone in a darkened room and thinking all us Brits either eat cucumber sandwiches and wear top hats or shave our heads and go on protest marches :lol: Bless 'im

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
  5. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    why on earth would this poll be "american" and "foreigner" ?

6. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

So...erm, sorry, which part of that about Brits is not true?

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] ^She forgot to mention the monocle. :p :shake:

OT, the main source for "defections" to UKIP is the Conservative party, since UKIP have done their bit to appeal to the more "traditional" wing of the Tories. This makes the phrasing of the poll rather... odd, frankly. Labour have a small number of anti-European MPs who've been ignored for years, but in terms of damage at the ballot box, it's the Tories who stand to lose most. Lib Dems probably stand to lose the next most, as the "anti-politics" vote who always voted for them as they weren't the other two may jump ship. Or possibly not vote at all. UKIP may gain sufficient traction to nick 1, 2 or even a handful of seats. The Greens did, after all, and no-one believed they'd get in Parliament... ever. But this is the first time I can remember the vote on the right being split, and Cameron faces a huge dilemma now.

Far from damaging Labour, UKIP may end up planting Ed Miliband in Downing Street.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:

Question Silvery, are you talking about UK politics or US politics? Cross the Pond and the grass is just the same on the other side.

9. Silvery

Media:
    The thread specifies UKIP so the UK...

10. Arctic Daishi Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    I'm far from a conspiracy theorist. I have a lot of respect for many Brits, such as Nigel Farage and Daniel Hannan. I will admit though, that I view your current government as atrocious.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.