1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heavy Metal Gift

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Dice, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    A very close friend of mine just bought an Ipod and now has to fill it with some music. Since her birthday is coming up I thought I'd buy her a couple of CD's. She requested metallica, ramones, clash, iggy pop or rancid (or any other good heavy metal of that type. Can you guys suggest a few specific albums that you would consider were the best of metallica (to start)and some good albums from the other above noted artists or something else you think she might like. It would help me choose a good gift for her.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm....

For Metallica, start with either Master of Puppets, or '...And Justice for All'

Everyone I know who still likes Metallica, also likes Megadeth, so you might want to consider getting her Megadeth's 'Greatest Hits' CD.

I only like a few songs from the Ramones and the Clash, so I'm not much help there...but if any of the bands have a "Greatest Hits" CD, you'll probably make her happy by getting it for her. :thumb:

But...since she has a crummy iPod, IIRC, you can buy her an iTunes "gift card" that goes towards music downloads. You might want to consider that since she's just going to use the CDs one to get the music on to her iPod. :rolling:

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Judging from the other bands you mention, the albums Kitrax mentions may be a little too extreme (though they are Metallicas best albums) for your friend, however the self titled album (also known as the 'black album') is a good all-round metallica album.

As for the Clash, a greatest hits album is an excellent idea, but every album they have created is great.

Your friend may also like Him, Dimmu Borgir, Sentenced and Nightwish.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    By the loosest definition a gift made from copper, silver, gold, or platinum would be good (I prefer platinum myself). Stay away from the other heavy metals as most are toxic (like mercury, lead, osmium, etc.); however, zirconium is also a heavy metal and may make a nice addition to one of the other metals.

A more strict definition of heavy metals leaves only highly toxic and radioactive elements as choices: neodynium, europium, lutenium, etc..

:D

5. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Old-80':
    Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath / Paranoid
    Pentagram - First Daze Here Too
    Rainbow - Rising
    Metallica - Master of Puppets
    (Iron Maiden?)

New:
    Nightwish,Slayer

Anyways NO Manowar!

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    O.K. I'm going to check a bunch of those out. Him, Dimmu Borgir, Sentenced, Nightwish, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Rainbow. Actually I think I'll have to pick up some for myself too.

@ Kitrax - As far as getting her a gift card for free downloads, that is where the problem started. She bought some downloads from some site (or got them with the Ipod - not sure) Anyway she got them partially downloaded and then her computer froze. She never got the music and now the site is telling her that she's already used up her downloads. That is why I got the brilliant idea of actually buying her some CD's that she could upload to her Ipod any time she wants.

@ T2Bruno - .... yah, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't appreciate radioactive metal. She's a health freak and wants her Ipod music to go running with. Has really nice hair too and wouldn't want it falling out all over the place.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.