1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help in Chapter 2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by BlackAdder86, Sep 8, 2002.

1. BlackAdder86 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Okay I have been stumped for two days now.... cannot get the last two rooms open...Oria's room wont open even though i have turned the dias upstairs the way Nik said I should....also the other room that has the withering tree in it...I cannot figure out how to open....
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ September 08, 2002, 20:15: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Werewolf Gems: 1/31

You got to have Oria's room key which you get after winning a game in her game room

3. newfiesailor Gems: 1/31

Veteran

You have to talk to the golem in the battle room to fight the three monsters to get the key. Pull mode selector one and two and then the mode activator to get the battle rolling.GL

4. Pegasus Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] "withering tree in it" How the f****k do you get in to that room?(AR4102 x=1789 y=881) and whats up with tha mage Nickademus in the bedroom? "Are you ready to collect on that favor?" and he answers "not yet, but soon" whats up with that?

5. newfiesailor Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Maybe u should take a little time out from the game boss, it's starting to get to you.The withering tree allows u to enter different rooms that wee otherwise inaccessible. I can give you a run down of where each phrase takes u if u want.Nickademus offers u experience which u should take when he offers wisdom to u. He will also be important in the future so talk to him. Be cool

[Please spell out "you". It is one of the rules that you should have read when you registered - BTA]

[ September 09, 2002, 20:55: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

6. Pilsbane Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

To get into the room with the withered tree you have to say the right phrase to the painting upstairs. I think it's Lysan (don't quote me on that). Unfortunately after you talk to Nickademous (sp?) the options of things to say to the tree change. It adds bedroom and elimates an option or two.

When he says you owe him a favor he does not collect it right away. If you owe him a favor you will be teleported back to the ice castle right before entering the field of slaughter later in the game. It's actually a benefit for you because it gives you exp for killing demons and the treasure rooms will be full of healing potions at that time.

7. newfiesailor Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Thank u, Mister blackthorne u must be very anal.

[You're welcome. You will now note that your posting privileges are disabled until you can convince me that you intend to read and follow the Boards O'Magic rules. - BTA]

[ September 10, 2002, 03:13: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

8. Pegasus Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well if you say lysan you end up in the Shadow room. I have tried all the diffirent frases but none get you in to that room. AR4102 x=1789 y=881 is tha location of the door. The Key hole is iced over so you cant open it from this side is says. I want to get in to thatroom and not the shadow room (done that). I have done everything els and been everywere els except that room!... To sum it up... How do you get in to the room behind the door AR4102 x=1789 y=881??? Any one any one? :confused:

9. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Are you are talking about the room to the immediate right of the shadow altar room? If so, there is a new phrase added to the stairway after you dispose of the altar. At least, that is when I noticed it and its one of the altar's rantings, IIRC.

You have *killed* the altar, right? I think thats a prerequisite for getting into this room.

10. Pegasus Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I most of done that becouse i talked to the guy up in the prison sell a time after i was in the shadow room and then went in to the alter room and said thouse words that should of killed the altar or the deamon or what it now was? Well i told that guy that i hade killed all sisters and destroyd the alter.. and he said great..or someting..so i must have done that...by the way what do everyone mean by IIRC? is that the new word i should say to tha painting? becouse i isnt there to say... And the wirvel wind that appeard was i suppose to kill that?? i ran out and when i came back it was gone?!

11. Pilsbane Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You don't kill the whirl wind. You simply wait the 20 seconds for it to disapate and you have beat it. You are done with the alter part. If you've killed the 4 priestesses then you are ready to go back and talk to Nathaniel.

12. Vision Gems: 1/31

HELP!!! i have killed all monsters and 3/4 of the priestesses in chpt 2 ice castle....i cannot get into the one room with the shadow on the door where its a trap if you stand in front of it....and how do i destroy the altar...the magic is off PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

13. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Enter the chamber from down below (by saying Lysan to the painting). Then open the door from inside with stealth mode on. The other door you open by shooting bolts from the lightning machine. There you will find the altar.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.