1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help! Items glitched?! (Books in Ulbrech's house and Bard's instruments)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Alqualome, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Alqualome Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi all! :)

I am replaying the game with a new 3 char party.
    I have played it already till chapter 4 but wanted to replay since I had misplaced most of the feats and the skill points... :p

Anywayz.
    My question: on some walkthroughs I have seen that the books "Legend of Icewind Dale" and "Heart of Winter" are supposed to have some magic property (like letting you cast certain spells once per day).
    I'm intalian, and alas I'm playing the italian version which is supposedly poatched on default (yet there's a number of things that still don't seem right in this game!).
    One is, for example, the lack of any magickal power in the books found/stolen in Lord Ulbrech's house in the beginning of the game.
    There is no power at all shown in the info panel for the item, and can't be made recognized either...
    Is it because, instead of going round Ulbrech's house steling, I must BUY them at Deirdre's shop?

However, this is not as viral a problem as the fact that, when I played before (2 times, till chap 3 and 4 respectively), all the instruments of the bards (The Horn of Valhalla and the Merry Pipe) just seemed to work for a while. When I was in the Ice Temple they didn't work anymore. Last time I used the horn was at the entrance of the Ice Cavern, the location after the airship-wreck one. What the...?
    They didn't work after that moment anymore, in both the games I payed.

Is there something I could do? Do you know if there's a reason why this happens?
    Please help me! :(

2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The books you find in the house does not have any magical properties. And you might not have been able to use the horn in the ice temple because of the Anti-magic spell that rests upon the place (you CAN remove it).

I dont know if you have any bugs or so, but I would suggest that you get the latest game patch.

3. Alqualome Gems: 1/31

Yeah, I suspected they had nbo power at all.
    Will I find the "right" ones later in the game?

And, for the horns, it is not due to the antimagic field, I did use them once in the cave, before antering the temple (and they did work, for the last time though... *sigh*).
    I still have the savegame to chap 3 and 4, I've loaded them again, rested for 3 wholes days and equipped the flute and horn but neither works, they are "grey"... Maybe it's got to do with the fact that I stored them in the magick bag (the one you take from the wizard destroying the bridge in chapter 1).
    ?____?

Anyway, thatnk you for your feedback. :)

4. Alphidius Gems: 1/31

Well there is a magical book somewhere in Targos. It's the Book of Deserving, think it's with those healers in the pavillion. Allows user to cast Bless once per day.

I don't use any bard so can't help you on that one, sorry.

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The powers that you have read about are available in HoF mode only. Those two books in normal mode do nothing and are for being sold. If you want you can load the ease-of-use mod which brings in HoF only items into normal mode.

The other bug, I have not heard about before.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.