1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help LKD remember a movie.

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by LKD, Apr 21, 2008.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This is sort of like the movie game with an important difference -- I don't know the answer to the question I will pose! I saw a movie once when I was quite young -- a black fellow and a white fellow escape from prison together -- they are chained together and so despite the fact they hate each other based on their racial backgrounds, they must work together. Of course, they develop a bond and once the chain is cut, at some point, the one fellow risks his life to go back and safe the other guy. When the other guy says "why did you come back for me?" the first guy says "you were pulling on the chain."

This is a movie that has been copied -- IIRC there was one called "Fled" in the 1990s, or maybe it was "Bulletproof", I don't know. This one is a classic, I believe, from the 70s or even the 60s. If anyone knows this movie please let me know.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Defiant Ones -- 1958.

Won two academy awards (Best Screenplay and Cinematrography) -- a great movie with an outstanding cast. The two prisoners are played by Tony Curtis and Sydney Poitier, both were nominated for Best Actor Awards for their performances in this movie. This was the first time a black man had been nominated for Best Actor in a Leading Role -- he became the first black man to win the award five years later.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Thanks, T2. You're a maximum stud muffin!

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You're welcome -- but with how well I know all these old movies I think "couch potato" is probably closer....

5. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Ah, but it's what you're doing on the couch that's important, not so?

[/leer]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.