1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with Arcanum (PC)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Orrick the Grey, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Orrick the Grey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am stuck in the city of Tulla, in the Vendigroth wastes, and cannot do the main quest there about the ghost in the fountain. It is probably pretty easy to do the whole step on the right magic college symbol thing, but I cannot get it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    You are right about the whole magic symbol thing. You have to step on the symbols in the right order, and one of the doors will open. To get the order, you need to look at the mural inside the main building. For example, to open the door with the + inside a circle: On the mural that symbol will appear surrounded by four different symbols at the four compass points. If you start at the north and work clockwise, note all the symbols in that order. Go to the courtyard and then step on the same symbols littered about in the same order. When the last one is done: the door will open.
    This will work for all four doors.
    It's a bit confusing, so if you need clarification, I will do my best.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You can also pick the locks on the doors. I think there was one time where I went through and did that whole symbol stepping thing, but it wasn't the first time or the last time. Lockpicking is the way to go on that puzzle.

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    The problem is that if you aren't taking skills as a lockpick, then that's not really an option. There are just so many ways to play arcanum, and so many different skills to choose from. Every time you play will be different.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.