1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

He's on mission from God (Dubya...)

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Barmy Army, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    God Told Me to Invade Iraq, Bush Tells Palestinian Ministers

President George W. Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Abu Mazen was at the same meeting and recounts how President Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

The series charts the attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from Bill Clinton's peace talks in 1999/2000 to Israel's withdrawal from Gaza last August.

Norma Percy, series producer of The 50 Years War (1998) returns, with producers Mark Anderson and Dan Edge, to tell the inside story of another seven years of crisis.

Presidents and Prime Ministers, their generals and ministers tell what happened behind closed doors as peace talks failed and the intifada exploded.

from bbc.uk

----------------------------------------------------------------------

He's on a mission from God. How cute.

2. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well when you consider that this story comes from the BBC, I seriously doubt there's any truth to it.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I doubt that he would be quite stupid enough to say it, but I don't doubt that he believes it. :nuts:

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    Where are you from, khazadman?
    I should warn you, think before talking down to anything English or British, because I will shoot you down before you know it :) .

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well this stamement (if really ever has came out of his lips) is nothing out of his general line in politics.
    At least as much as i can see from here, G. W. Bush is a God fearing man who does His bid. At least that is what he is proclaiming isn't he? To be a champion of virtue and good old Christian principles (the ones that dark ages monks and priests had).

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ok, will do Tal.

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The only question is...which god ? Athena ? Jupiter ? Odin ? Osiris ? Toutatis ? :D

9. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Judging by the situation in Iraq I would say Loki :)

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

If God did tell him to go in there, he obviously didn't tell him how he was supposed to do it, or George would have done it correctly...

And I always find BBC quite reliable...

11. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Jesus, how on earth is that man still in a position of power?

12. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Simply he got elected.
    Now how he managed to convince the US people is a different question.
    Maybe God told him how ;)

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I remember a certain US General stating the following on the first Bush election victory "He was not elected by the people, he was appointed by God". Okay its not a word-for-word quote, but it just goes to show you that this crazy talk is not limited to the Prez himself.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.