1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hey Barmy...

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Newfie, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Newfie Banned

Zab Judah's loss to Carlos Baldomir opens the door for a Hatton-Mayweather fight. Stay tuned.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    'ello mate,
    I'm not sure I'm with you though. I didn't know Judah was fighting to be honest! You think Mayweather will drop back down a weight npw that Judah doesn't have the same pull? Whatever he does, Ricky wants him and says he will follow him up a weight if needs be.
    The problem is that the pretty boy won't want to fight in England and Ricky won't want his first fight in America to be against arguably the worldds best pound for pound fighter. Ricky will want to pick off the likes of Gatti, Mitchell and Cotto (who frightens me a bit I must say).
    I sincerely hope these 2 meet in the ring, but I hope it's not yet.

Did you see the punch that knocked Maussa out by the way? I know Mayweather has a 100X better defense than Maussa, but Ricky will floor anyone when he connects. He was untidy till then, but that punch was a beauty.

3. Newfie Banned

Mayweather will go where the money is and Cotto or Hatton is where it's at. Aging stars like de la Hoya or Mosely aren't getting in the ring with this guy, so wait for showboatin' Mayweather to make the challenge and do so with publicity. Once the challenge is made, Hatton is not going to back down and Floyd is one of the best trash talkers around. The question is not who Hatton will fight but who will Floyd fight?

No way is Gatti or Mitchell getting in the ring with Hatton after being destroyed by Floyd. Cotto would but Hatton will make a bigger payday with Floyd and the Cotto fight would be a brutal contest. Mark my words, it is going to happen.

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    We'll have to see. I kind of hope you're right, but it would depend where the fight was. Don't forget Hatton hasn't fought in America yet, and fighting Flotd straight away could wreck his career in America if he loses. I still think he'll want a fight with Gatti or Mitchell first. I think he'll do his best to avoid Cotto, as he knows he's dangerous and Gatti and Mitchell will be a chance to destroy some of the weight divisions biggest names. neither of those two would survive 6 rounds with Ricky.

Don't you think Mayweather might want to go up another weight and take on Winky Wright? I'm sure there'd be more money in that fight than a Hatton fight.

5. Newfie Banned

I don't think Floyd will move up in weight and take on a great fighter like Winky Wright right away. Even Floyd is not that cocky. It's one thing to move up but then take on a real deal like Winky is a little crazy. Although Winky did look poor in his last outing.

You gotta remember we are dealing with Floyd's arrogance here. He thinks he will put Hatton away easy, make some dough and then move on. Hatton probably won't want it to happen on his first trip to America and Floyd actually giving in and fighting in England is not in his character. So you got a point there, I concede.

But you got to look at it from Gatti and Mitchell's point of view too. They are going to coast for a while and not take on a real contender like Hatton after fighting Floyd. So who is Hatton going to fight?

By the way, Cotto is fighting Branco on March 4 for the light welterweight WBO championship.

Check this out:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4601680.stm

[ January 11, 2006, 22:27: Message edited by: Newfie ]

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    I honestly think Hatton will fight Gatti next. I know Gatti got put away by MAayweather, but if somebody offered him a few tidy million to fight Hatton, he'd fight I think. Why mess around with a few 'light' fights with little money when he can get another good payday then perhaps call it a day? Hatton will want to destroy somebody like Gatti or Mitchell to really make the American audience look up and say, "hey, look at this guy putting away the big names in style!". Because make no mistake, Gatti would be fodder for the Hitman. Ricky might need to make his name in American more before the pretty boy will challenge him.

I really think Floyd is arrogant and ocky enough to move up again and fight the big names in the next group. As you say, he'll see Hatton as something of a pointless fight as he'll see it as a cakewalk. That's exactly why I think Hatton would win against him.

I still don't think that worldwide fight fans takle Hatton seriously enough and give him enough respect...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.