1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

High Level Spells

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Bombur, May 6, 2004.

1. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

[​IMG] There aren't many high level spells in this game, especially not before you leave Sigil for the first time. Does anyone have a list of where they can be found? The Godsmen have a sixth level spell for sale, and the Sensates have an eighth. Does anyone have a seventh?

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    What is Mechanus's cannon. I remember I had that one.

3. Bombur

Hmm, don't know. Did you get that in the Modron maze? Or by having Nordom in your party?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  5. Bombur

[​IMG] Doh! Thanks, Tal. Very helpful.

I note that the list says Thorncombe will sell me stuff. I've never been able to get her to pay attention to me. Any hints? And it looks like Quell has the only 7th level spell for sale, but I've only ever seen him sell candy (that's the right guy, isn't it?).

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

*HINT* If you make her (thorncombe) think that someone else is after her position then she might decide to resume her duties and sell you stuff.

7. Bombur

Hmm, I've never gotten that option. I had planned to talk to her about that, what with Mr. Onyx vying for her position, but when I say I have questions for her, she looks away and doesn't pay attention to me. Is there an attribute check I'm failing, perhaps?

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I don't think it is attribute based (hard to tell lol) but IIRC the process is to find out that Onyx wants the position, then discover that Thorncombe is in the sensorium all the time (by talking to her I think). Then you return and tell Onyx who decides that he will apply 'sooner'. Now return to Thorncombe who will defend her position and will (a little bit later) sell spells.

Someone please correct me/fill in the details if I got it wrong.

9. Bombur

I finally got it to work with Thorncombe. Turns out you have to talk to her students first, and find out that she is spending too much time in the sensorium. Only then can you get her to dialogue with you. It's not good enough to talk only with Mr. Onyx.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.