1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do we judge success in Iraq?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Llandon, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Sullivan's a neocon pet-liberal. A lot of neocons have called for Rummy's head, incluiding heavyweights like Krystol. Why, I wonder, do you seem to believe neocons are republicans - only because they're running Bush's foreign policy and wars?

Geez, Richard Perle - the Prince of Darkness himself - is a registered democrat, too.

As for pompous and claqeur and idiot - try this remarkable piece: Flypaper - A Strategy unfolds
    And that's the first sentence in the entire article - 'As my influential friends in high places told me' = pompous.
    So he applauds to the 'Operation Flypaper' nonsense after suggesting Bush made a carnelhouse of Iraq to lure the islamiacs there, using US troops as a bait, and the Iraqis, well, as collateral damage - and finds it 'beautyful' = claqeur (plus, it's deranged)
    Yeah: Instead, it's a sign they're succeeding! :rolleyes: He really thinks Bush Jr. should speak out this ghoulish nonsense Sullivan enjoys so much openly and tell Americans they lose their sons and daughters in Iraq because Bush Jr. didn't mind botching the 'liberation of Iraq' because plan B was 'Operation Flypaper' - well, 'nuff said - there is your idiot.

Don't be so surprised, I posted that article by him just two weeks ago, iirc. Can't find the link though.

Sullivan is a neocon, not a republican, who, while claiming to have been pro-Kerry and a democrat, is offering his views as a platform to help gain people to support Bush's neocon foreign policies who are otherwise repelled by his stances on - well - abortion and gay marriage (iirs he's gay himself) - these were links from the blogpage of his "Operations Flypaper" screed.

[ February 04, 2005, 07:39: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

2. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Bion: Thanks for your reply. Hersh's post rambled so badly it was like he found out he was the main speaker only when he entered the hall. I couldn't finish it, and I like Hersh. Still, a few points:

Puppet government: When you conquer a country and install a new government, it is by definition a puppet government. The only exception I can think of is when the Allies conquered France in 1944 and de Gaulle highhandedly overrode their plans, over various Anglo-American (political) dead bodies. There was certainly no de Gaulle in Iraq.

Mass executions: How do you know that 550 civilians weren't executed? Or that the black and Hispanic soldiers didn't fire in the air? The fact that Hersh says it doesn't make it not so. I agree that a little evidence would be nice. Not having it, Hersh should've kept his mouth shut.

Atrocity photos: Your comments are unjust. Hersh doesn't imply in any way that all U.S. soldiers in Iraq have committed atrocities.

It's certainly an odd speech, and I wonder under just what circumstances it was delivered.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.