1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many will download the beta?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Taluntain, May 3, 2002.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I started this forum because I want to keep the game and toolset separate. Now that it's been announced that the beta of the toolset will be downloadable (300MB though), I'm wondering how many of you will download it and play with it. ;)

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dradeel's Recipe #752

- 56k dial-up
    - NWN preachers
    - d&d rules
    - no party
    - Dave Gaider
    - 300Mb?!?!?!

You slice & dice those, mix them up, cook on a dragon's breath and you get the answer:
    NO DOWNLOAD!

3. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm interested to see what it looks like - and how it all works (especially the scripting language). But 300 MB!! Yikes :eek: Not sure if I'm that dedicated...although, maybe I'll leave it downloading while I'm at work...;)

4. Slayer of Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'll download it cause I have High Speed internet.

5. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'll certainly be loading it up and seeing how 'user friendly' it really is. Broadband has its benefits. :)

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Yes! WooHoo!

/DRSW very very very very happy!

Yep I'll be downloading it 100% sure of that. Just tell tell me when it comes out and where to download it! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  7. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I want to play with it, but I want the modules created with it to work in NWN. :)

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Bateluer, didn't they say that they would try to create a converter that would make the modules created with the beta to work with the full game?

Anyway, I might download it, but I'm not sure how much time I'd have to play with it. They better include some tutorials with it :).

9. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] 300MB doesn't sound too bad. I will almost certainly download to see what can be done with it. After all I downloaded NWN video from GameMeca's visit to Bioware which weighed in at about 200MB ;)

10. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Absolutely! Gotta get working on Phlan!

11. Turambar Gems: 13/31

I'll download it for sure. My only concern is that they will only put it on fileplanet so I'll have to stand in line for a day or two......:rolleyes:

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You can be sure it'll only be on FilePlanet. Only site that can afford downloads that big. Unfortunately.

13. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I will not download it myself, but friends with ADSL are always useful ;).

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

However I might be too lazy too make my own game, I still suppose I'll practise a bit with the toolset... 300 MB... that's just 2 hours of sleep to get that :)

15. Turambar Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Suppose I'll have to spring for an account on the personal server thing on fileplanet then....

Is there a release date or something on this thing?

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Any day now. We'll post on the front page when it's released, of course.

17. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm on a T3 here at school, so I can download it in about...oh...an hour.

:grin:

18. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Luckily I have ADSL, but even with a 56k modem I'd try to down it. Not from fileplanet of course :).

But once people got it, it will be accessible from other sources as well.

I'll just peep in line at fileplanet and wait patiently.

For really, really desperate people I'll even burn it on cd for ya and send it to ya.

19. Turambar Gems: 13/31

I guess I'll just share it on Kazaa or put it on FTP server and post the link here or something.

20. Neon_Strike Banned

[​IMG] I recently downloaded the NWN Model Viewer, unfortunately I can't use the Viewer because you must have a 32-bit resolution to use it, well mine is only 24-bit, does anyone possibly know where and how I can upgrade my res. so that I can use it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.