1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

how to edit priest spell limit for paladin???

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by theeyeisblind, Nov 9, 2007.

1. theeyeisblind Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i want to edit the maximum priest spell level of paladins in my game. i have already downloaded a mod that did this but it is long gone and i don't remember which one it was.

i have shadowkeeper and i was able to immediately change his spells but i lost it when i maxed out experience to see where he maxes.

for example i set his 7th limit to 2 spells and he automatically had two 7th level spells but when i maxed his levels out his max spell level was 4.

in other words how do i edit the paladin class to accept higher priest spell levels?

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You must edit the paladin's spell progression table via the file in the override folder. XPSPLPAL. or such a file, find it in your override folder, and open it with notepad. There you can edit spell numbers per level allowed. Keep the original file as back up though. Hope this helps.

Shaitan likes this.
  3. theeyeisblind Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

thanks , ill try that.

anybody else know of any mods that change this?

---------- Added 3 hours, 42 minutes and 46 seconds later... ----------

i've tried searching the entire override folder and haven't found anything close to that file name

the closest i found in the override is mxsplbrd type of files for wizard, cleric, bards and druid

i am thinking that the file may be in some other file but i haven't a clue where to look.

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    The correct file is mxsplpal.2da. If a mod had modified this, it would be in the overide folder. Apparently when you removed the mod, it removed the change and things are back to how they were originally. However, as this is the TOB forum, you should have that file in your overide as TOB extends it to level 40.

The solution is to use either Near infinity or Infinity Explorer to extract the file, then use a text editor or a 2da editor to edit it. As I said, for Paladins the correct file is mxsplpal.2da. Priests is mxsplprs. The only weird one is sorcerers. Mxsplsrc affects how many spells they get for each level, but NOT how many spells they know. That is splsrckn.2da.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My paladin could kill anything with Carsomyr. I didn't even use the spells I had. If you want a good fighter with high level spell casting ability, you should choose a multiclass F/C -- they are quite fun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.