1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to get back to Athkatla?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Splunge, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    OK, so I'm now in the TOB part, but the world map only shows the TOB areas. So how (or when) do I get back to Athkatla to pick up the stuff I stashed there before I finished SOA?

2. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't believe you can Splunge. There is no part in TOB that I can remember where you can actually visit Athkatla. That is why you get the pocket plane and cespenar can now make your magic items instead of the dwarf in the dock district. If you can reload your game a load up your party and then you can store you excess in the pocket plane if necessary. Good Luck

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] NOOOOO!!! :eek:

*feeling nauseous…waves of panic…cold sweat*

Why the hell not?!? I can see Watcher’s Keep in the SOA map, so why can’t I see any of the SOA areas in the TOB map? :flaming:

ARGHHH! I wasn’t expecting this! I don’t even fully recall what I had stashed there, and I don’t have an old save I can check out. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to console in whatever I think I had. Plus, I wanted Haer’Dalis to get Scarlet Ninja-To once he got UAI, but I hadn’t bought it yet, assuming I could pick it up later. Well, I'll console that in too, and just drop some items that I was going to sell to “pay” for it.

:grr:

4. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Splunge, your emoticons are really cute when you're angry. :)

Does anyone know if the containers in WK reset (empty) when switching from SOA to TOB? If not, you could stash your stuff in containers on lvl 1 of the keep, wax Irenicus, and then transfer your stash from WK to the pocket plane. Just a thought--I'm not enough of a packrat to need to store that much stuff from SOA. :)

5. Splunge

Media:
    :lol:

One of these days, I might try making a post using emoticons only, and see if people can figure out what I'm trying to say. (That will happen when I'm in the mood to be banned by Tal :D )

Anyway, good point about WK. Hopefully somebody's tried this, because I am a packrat. :shake:

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah it is annoying isn't it. My first time through I was furious to find out that everything I had stashed in D'Arnise Keep was gone. I think that you can stash stuff in Watcher's Keep but apart from that the only way to carry over stuff is to mule it or console it in.

Personally, I hate having to stash stuff and come back for it so I usually just use the unlimited bag of holding mod - what can I say, Cespenar's comments about me being a pack-rat are quite true.

7. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@Splunge, Yeah they give you the option to go through Watchers Keep before heading into
    TOB but that is it. Try Eric's idea if you need to stash and get some stuff from SOA to TOB

8. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Try using
    CluaConsole:MoveToArea commands. Not easy enough to keep playing in normal areas, but doable to get your stuff back.

I wish someone would write a mod to change that rule.

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    With a mod or two, you can get extra bags of holding. You can get 2 in SOA, and dark ritual adds another. To all packrats, that's surely gonna be enough.

Oh, and as has been said before, Athkatla is off the TOB menu.

10. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Who needs a mod to get extra bags? A bit cheesy, but not too much as it doesn't give you really much of an advantage. (Unless you've filled the bags with lots of goodies!)
    All you have to do is export your pc with bag(s) of holding in their inventory, then pass them to an NPC. Save game, copy the save game into mutli-player, open it and re-import your exported character. Hey presto - extra bags of holding. Repeat ad-infinitum if you really need them.

11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I never really needed an extra bag. Just take whatever you want to carry over, and put it in your one bag of holding.

Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with this?

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not really, as soon as I got the bad of holding I went and picked up all the stuff I thought that I might use sometime and put it in there so I have almost always had an almost full bag of holding when ToB starts.

13. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Or install the bottemless bag of holding option from ease of use mod.

If you copy bags of holding like the way Carcaroth has mentioned, they all go to the same menu. So if you put a sword into char A's bag and then open char B's bag - you will be able to take the sword out. Good for transporting over long distance :D

I think this is cheating more than the bottomless bag so I choose the lesser of two evils ;)

14. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

You can still console in the bonus mercheants into your pocket plane.

15. The Lone Badger Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You can get two bags of holding legitimately - one from SoA, and the scroll seller in Saradush sells another one.

I've heard of the 'shared containers' from several sources, but it doesn't seem to be true for me (fully patched ToB). I've got several scroll cases, and they all contain different things.

What I was surprised to find is that I was taken directly from Hell to ToB. I didn't get a chance to finish off a few loose ends before losing access to SoA areas.

16. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I wonder why you're not able to go back. I mean, it's a expansion pack, so shouldn't it expand the original rather than replace it? TotSC expanded.

17. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, TOB is really more of a demi-sequal then a traditional expansion pack. Think of it as a whole new game. (Which is probably what they were originally planning)

As an aside, my first time through, I kept every single unique weapon that I could fit in my unmodded bag of holding. Not that I have a problem with them being modded (it's more realistic when they're bottomless), but it was before I discovered mods.

18. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The 'shared container' thing happens when you a) cheat multiple versions of the same bag in (eg 3 BAG02's) or in a mod where a mercheant sells the same bag infite times.

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I too, am a packrat but even I found one Bag of Holding without the EoU hack to be more than sufficient.

Do you guys try to cart around stupid +1 longswords and the like?

20. Splunge

Media:
    Rastor, no - I do't keep the "lesser" items. The problem for me is that I like to hold on the the better-quality, one-of-a-kind items, even if I don't have anyone in my party who can use them, "just in case" :rolleyes: .

^ definition of packrat

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.