1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HUGE Co8 GLITCH!!!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by thelogicalghost, Feb 1, 2006.

1. thelogicalghost Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] There is a HUGE glitch in Co8!

As you all know, sorcerers always know a set number of spells of each level based on their sorcerer level. At level 15, a sorcerer knows 2 lvl 7 spells.

HOWEVER, in the Co8 mod, THERE IS ONLY ONE LVL 7 SPELL.

Therefore, when you try to lvl up your sorcerer from lvl 14 to lvl 15, you run into the same problem that occurs with the use of the all spells cheat: the system insists that you pick a second lvl 7 spell, and does not let you complete the lvling up process.

This completely screwed up a game I have been working on for some time, and now I have to go all the way back to the beginning and re-make the party with a wizard instead of a sorcerer, which I really don't like because I MUCH prefer sorcerers. I like spontaneous casting much better than spellbooks.

Co8 people - I still love you for the awesome mod, but this glitch is awful!!!

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A suggestion!

I suggest that you post this in the co8 bug list thread as that will help the creators resolve this bug (and-/or find out if its even related to co8 - not saying that it ain't).

Also, make sure that it's the co8 v. 4.0.0 that you currently got, as the bug might already has been spotted and fixed.

Thanks for the warning, though :) .

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Since when you can be up to level 15? I thought the max was ten?

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Since ToEE front-end which allows you to alter the lvl cap to a fixed number ;) .

(I can't recall when this feature was implemented, or if it is a part of the co8 mod or ToEE Front-End... which leads to the problem that this bug may not be associated with the co8 mod - specifically. Seeing as Front-End *is* part of the v4.0.0, then it *is* associated with the co8 mod, but maybe just not "directly" if you get my meaning - at all).

That's why I think that he ought to take this problem to people who knows more about ToEE modding (i.e. the co8 people ;) ).

5. allyx Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Because the game was only intended to allow you to advance to 10th level, support for higher level spells were not implemented, there was simply no need for troika to code spells of 6th level or higher, However...

As a member of the Co8 modding team, i can tell you progress has been made in making new high level spells, on the list of new additions are...
    Analyse Dweomer, Mass Cure Moderate/Serious/Critical wounds, Mass Cat's Grace/Bear's Endurance/Owls Wisdom/Foxes Cunning/Bulls Strength, Wierd, Delayed Blast Fireball, Finger of Death, Holy Sword, Mass Heal, Mordenkainens Sword, Prismatic Spray, and Tenser's Transformation.

Keep a look out for Co8-4.1.0 soon.

6. ShiningTed Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This is not a glitch, nor a bug. You have simply exceeded the current limitations of the game.

There'll be new spells up soon, as Allyx says.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.