1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I finally beat the game *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by lwelyk, Apr 5, 2006.

1. lwelyk Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well it was one of the best and most depressing game endings I've seen. After all that work TNO still goes and fights in the blood war... How many endings are there? I did two: Killing TTO with Dak'kon revived, and merging with him. Do they all end with being sent to the Blood War?

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Warning: This post contains endgame spoilers!

-------------

No matter which ending you choose, you end up going to the blood war.

You can beat the game in several ways:

- Kill yourself: Unmake yourself with your will (must have a wisdom of 24), or use the Blade of the Immortal.

- Fight TTO: Unmake him with your will (with wisdom of 24), attack him, resurrect one of your companions (take Morte - he's only playing dead - and then another), or tell him you've let the Shadows loose. He will leave to investigate, and you can awaken all of your companions.

- Merge with TTO: Threaten to use the Blade of the Immortal, threaten him with your name (if you've used the Bronze Sphere), or threaten to unmake yourself. I think you can also convince him that everything will be OK if you have a charisma of 24 or thereabouts.

If you have a recent savegame (you should have an autosave from entering the Trial of Impulse (the room with Ignus), you can reload and play through all the endings.

3. lwelyk Gems: 3/31

I have like 8 end-game saves. 1 before merging with the other Incarnations. 1 after that. 1 after unlocking the bronze sphere but before I leveled up. 1 after leveling up and bringing my base wisdom to 23 and my constitution way up. 1 where I distributed skill points evenly... I was paranoid. BTW what if you had Ignus in your party when you went to the fortress? Would he still fight you?

4. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yes, If you are good aligned (and probablly also neutral, dunno about that) Ignus will fight against you.

If you are Evil Vhailor comes to play with you in the TTO's sandbox ;)

Ahh... Easter.. time to do my anual game of PST! Thief this time.

5. Montresor

Media:
    Yes - if you are neutral, you have to fight Ignus.

6. lwelyk Gems: 3/31

ah, those were the two I didn't have in my party.

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

What if you have both Ignus and Vhailor in your party? :D

IMO, the best way to end the game is by threatening him with your true name, although using the Blade of Immortal would be slightly more realistic.

8. Montresor

Media:
    If you have the one that you have to fight in your party, you will get a slightly different cutscene when you enter the main hall in the Fortress. You will still have to fight him, and his body won't be on the fortress roof.

If you play an evil character, you can bring Ignus to the Fortress and have a final conversation with him as with the other party members.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.