1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I wasn't talking about the spell sword prestige class...

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by TheVatican, Oct 24, 2001.

1. TheVatican Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Go to the link that I gave and you will see that it is a sword sorcerer I was talking about. Now, the draw back that I see with the arcane tricster is that he cannot cast higher more powerful level spells, which at the end is really why people want to cast spells, because of the power of the spells.
    Well, I am going with A dragon disple prestige class, from a sorcerer. I think i will take spells that deal out damage, and spells that help my comrades, but i think that I would like to work on my fighting skills, without becoming a fighter. MAybe later onb in the game I will multi class, but for now i think i will concentrate on a sorcerer, that uses light x bows and half spears. I pick half spears because they are great to set for charge and you can throw them. Also, I am choosing feats that enhance my range attacks, which is great because it can be use for weapons and spells. That is my idea so far, hope i can survive hehehehe

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Next time do not start a new thread; this obviously belongs in your original thread since you are referring to information discussed there.

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Heh, I know you weren't talking about the Spellsword pretige class. I was only arguing with Snorri because I feel he was flipantly dismissing my favorite prestige class without really looking closely at it.

As for the Sword Sorcerer, I tried the link but I didn't read anything about one of those. I looked twice, but I just didn't see it. Sorry about that. It's why I didn't comment on that class.

Why is it that the arcane trickster can't cast the most powerful wizard spells. It seems he can to me as he gains a caster level for every arcane trickster level he attains, effectively meaning he gains a wizard level for every AT level (except for the differing skill set and the lack of bonus feats). So concievably as long as he took enough mage levels as well, he would be able to cast ninth level spells (unless there is some prerequisite to the class that would make casting ninth level spells impossible-that might be the case; I don't have Tome and Blood handy at the moment).

4. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I finally checked out that class. I'm not sure that it is too powerful (although it is powerful), but I can see where a DM would not allow it. For me, I do not accept classes unless they have appeared in an official DnD game guide (Unless I created it). Not that I have anything against others creations, but these types of things are usually designed for someone's specific world, even if they run a published one, or style of DMing.

That class could be altered to be more balanced with the normal classes by reducing the HD at 1st level to 1, and altering the Spell table to give fewer spells. I would recomend it to end up with fewer spells per day than the Wizard. If you did this, perhaps your DM would allow the class.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited October 27, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.