1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ice cream flavours

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Loreseeker, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Ice cream! :) One of the finest creations of mankind, imo. I'll eat just about any version of it, and it does wonders for my serotonine levels.

1. So, what's your favourite flavour(s), guys?
    2. Any flavours you avoid?

(Assuming of course that you like/eat ice cream. I guess that tastes can vary, even to such dramatic degrees :p :))

For me:

1. Malaga = vanilla + rum + raisins... :yum: (vanilla/sour cherry combo is also quite nice... )

2. Mint flavour :bad: - I tried it once (thought that it was kiwi) and threw the thing to a dumpster after two bites or so. It was... horrible. I wouldn't try it again if someone paid me to.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Blueberry!!! A good blueberry icecream is absolutely wonderful.

I am generally not fond of too creamy and too sweet icecreams and for some reason I have always had an aversion to anything chocolaty. I just don't think icecream and chocolate is a good mix. Probably the only person in the world who thinks that.

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

lime/strawberry is quite nice but mangomelon has allways been my favorite. I generally avoid banana icecream and the above mentioned malaga.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I currently have a double mocha and chocolate ice cream sitting in the freezer. A delight for coffee lovers.

Pistachio ice cream is one of my all time favorites. Chocolate/mint is pretty darn good too. Can't forget vanilla. And I once had a Cherry Cheesecake flavoured ice cream. One word: zomg.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Chocolate Fudge Brownie. :love::yum:

Rum and Raisin - blech!:nolike:

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Vanilla is the definite favourite.

And I don't mean vanilla as in that horrible white stuff that tastes like milk - I mean real vanilla taste. Harder to find but usually worth it.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Fried Ice Cream is quite good.

My old standbys are rocky road and tin roof sunday.

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I bought an ice cream maker last year and I say that just about anything homemade is better than factory made. I'm really fond of coffee and chocolate, but old fashion vanilla is great to when you want to combine it with other things.

9. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Mm well I like most flavours really. Waitrose (UK upscale supermarket) has some nice own-brand flavours. The stem ginger is nice eaten with berries and the banoffee is just sinful. I also like Helsett Farm ices - an organic brand stocked by some health food stores and posh shops. The blackcurrant ice cream is to die for. Unfortunately I have no problem at all polishing off an entire tub in one go.

Flavours I avoid: Tutti Frutti. I hate glace fruit.
    There's also another posh brand my local organic shop stocks - they did a mint and apple sorbet, so thought I'd give it a go. Unfortunately it was horrendously sweet and rather than peppermint, it tastes like garden mint. The apple was so subtle as to be undetectable. It tasted like sugared mint sauce, such as English folks put on lamb. Vile.

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Yum:
    Cookies and Cream, Hokey Pokey, Rocky Road, Rum 'n Raisin, Mint, Vanilla, Orange, Goody Goody Gum Drops, Strawberry, Toffee, Mango, Fudge, Chocolate (esp. Esctasy)...

Not:
    Sherbert (does that even count?), lemon (except for when I do like it), umm...banana?

New Zealand is something like ice cream heaven, due to the high quality of milk we produce...so I'm a conossieur. :p It's also a tradition that, at dairies, you get about 1.5 BIG scoops if you ask for 1 scoop. Basically it's just like two scoops, except only with one flavour and much cheaper.

These are just flavours you can get at dairies/ice cream joints. I'm not even counting in the various locale specialties such as Vanilla Ice, which is the yummiest yum yum yum in the whole yum worldyum.

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    My favorite is mint chocolate chip. Yummy. Chocolate is a close runner up.

I avoid any coffee type flavors. I'm not a coffee drinker, so those do nothing for me.

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Pistachio, Vanilla and Strawberry are my favourites.

Coffee belongs in a coffee cup. And it should be hot, not cold. ;)

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm partial to Min N' Chip and plain old Vanilla. :yum:

I avoid all others. :p :rolling:

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    OH! Moosetracks! I forgot about that one. When I do buy icecream I often get that kind. Those little peanut butter cups are great.

16. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i love sorbets, especially orange sorbet
    pastacchio(spl?) is also nice

i haven't ever gotten the fuss about vanilla though, it's just the default ice cream with no extra niceness or whatever in it...
    coconut i hate with a passion, it should never have found it's way into the world of desserts

17. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Not really a flavour in the pure sense, but COOKIE DOUGH! I love that stuff. Other than that, I'm a dull old fuddy duddy and primarily like Vanilla. But I do prefer quality when I buy, like Haagen-Daas or Breyers. There's a chain here in Canada called Marble Slab that will mix in any sort of candy, fruit or nut that you like into one of about 50 flavours. Very tasty. Is Marble Slab worldwide?

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Mint and chocolate chips would, I think, be my favourite flavour.

Like Stefanina, I avoid all varieties of coffee-tainted ice cream.

Now this topic has come up, I've just realised it has been absolutely ages since I've had any. I may have to rectify this...

19. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Mint choc chip is the cat's pyjamas for me.

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I try and stay away from ice cream actually... frozen yogurt is where it's at. Black Raspberry is my favorite.

Although Strawberry Cheesecake icecream rocks my socks as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.