1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale Ultimate Collection.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Svyatoslav, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Just bought this game, and I was thinking what should I install to get the most of the game. I mean, if I install Heart of the Winter at the same time as Icewind Dale I, will it change my main quest, with new skills, level cap, monsters, or whatever, like Sword of the Coast for Baldurs I and Throne of Baal for Baldurs 2?
    I am also aware there is a bonus CD - or maybe is it two? with mods and patches. Do they work for all the 2, plus the expansion, games?
    Thanks for the info.

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

the expantion pack basically adds a gigantic sidequest. so it wont really ruin anything for you, perhaps a few more intems or spells. and most notablly a few more class abilities. makes for example Bard, ranger, and druid alot more fun.

the bonus cd with the extra merchants, go ahead. more items and joy :)

HOW is slightlly different from both Tales of teh swordcoast and Throne of bhaal. The first one expandds and give new quests to the world, the later is another "chapter" or game in it self ater the BG2 itself. HOW is like an entirelly new story, inside the existing one. heh. kinda nuts.

Most recomend playing through the normal game once first and then start on how. or alternativelly play thought the game, and do HOW quest/story right before taking on the last boss in the main story.

gaah, im ranting. shutts up now.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Install IWD, then HoW, then Trials of the Luremaster. Or maybe you should wait with Trials until you get to the HoW part, as it introduces a nasty bug in the original IWD.

HoW adds some things in the original, yes, most notably allowing you to play at higher resolutions.

The bonus merchants are only for IWD2.

Also, I don't know if the games in the UC are already patched, so I suggest you patch them again with the official patches (you can download them from SP, Miscellanea subsections for every game). You don't need to patch IWD also if you install HoW right after it; just patch HoW.

As this thread is mostly about the original IWD/HoW, I'm moving it to the IWD forum. You can post any IWD2 questions in the IWD2 forum.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Tal: what's that bug?

5. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Thanks a lot for the info. I will do in this order: Install IWD, install HoW then play. After I am done with it, I will install Trials of the Luremaster - I was not aware there was another "titled expansion" as I thought the bonus CDs were merely some extra stuff. And yes, what exactly is this bug? And can I import my characters from ICW, HoW to this Trials of the Luremaster?
    Lastly, what are the patches for? I will be sure to DL, thanks, but I just would like to know what I would be missing... Bugs?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    chev, http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/4/1126.html

Svyatoslav, Trials was released for free, so you can also download it off the net, but it should be on one of those bonus CDs you got along with UC.

Trials is a sort of "add-in", a campaign inside the main HoW campaign. Like a large subquest with its own areas. So you play it inside HoW. It's meant to expand the length of HoW, which was deemed to be too short.

And yes, the official patches = bugfixes.

See http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD/how_exp.php for more info on Trials.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.