1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Idiots and their ways

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Z-Layrex, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I was watching the Mobo awards last night. And I realized how stupid these people look. Why the hell to these dance/rap music people have to act like this!!!???? :flaming: They're constantly putting on their fake 'yo yo yo wasssup' attitude and It really bugs me. They say stupid things things like 'big up' and can never be themselves. Why the hell do these people have to act like this!!!???

2. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Coz there fans like it?

Padeen.

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

No Padeen, i'm not just talking about the famous people. I mean the fans of the music in general. They look and sound idiotic.

[ October 04, 2002, 22:44: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

4. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Make a search on Slang?
    Anyway coz thats how rap people speak.
    People today think that to be cool you have to speak like a moron and act like one too.
    It's a rap thing that little people like us will never understand.

Padeen.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I like rap - but I don't do the sad stuff like that :shake:

6. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Your opinion. Keep it, some of us DON'T want to hear that **** like that. You must remember that some SPers actually *like* rap and R&B and "**** like that". So, in answer, those silvery chains and baggy clothing and slang just show one specific kind of music. Why do metalheads like wearing black all the time? Why do country singers wear western clothing? It's the style, it's the preference, it's the way people express themselves.

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Yeah, i'm not saying any of the music's awful. I just hate the way some poeple think they have to act to listen to it.

@SC: Well they look like idiots while they're 'expressing themselves'.

[ October 04, 2002, 22:48: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Some people think they're hard because they rap

I'm not hard - I listen to rap and do a wee bit (not that anyone knows it until now though...)

I'm not hard - I just hit hard,

9. JC Denton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Because they think they are Wery great stupd idiots! :)

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It's your opinion Z. How many of them would look at you and say that you "look and sound idiotic".

Different strokes for different folks.

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

But, Jack, I don't put on a fake accent and strut around in a weird way. I just walk and talk like a normal person would. I don't go yo yo wassup to my friends or go around trashing things in a hood. I hate these people.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    So Z man, it is you that decides what is normal? Perhaps that is how they are when they are normal and it would be fake if they strutted around in a way that you perceive as normal?

This is meant as a defence to all rappers and r&b's except Puff Diddy Daddy P and anyone that have ever had anything to do with that fool. He and his cronies are fake, the rest are just being as they are.

13. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

We all know that, running around spouting a fake Jamacan accent, tooting a gun and saying 'yo' is not normal.

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Please define "being normal", Z

[ October 04, 2002, 23:57: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

15. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG]
    It isn't?? :( Dammit, what a waste of money.

16. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's the way people have gotten used to. If you go to urban parts of cities with rappers and all, they look at *you* funny for walking the way you walk, and talking the way you talk.

All my guy friends "strut" and go "yo wazzup", and nobody looks at them weirdly. (Ok, I admit it, 75% of the guys I know do that) and even the skateboarding punk I went out with doesn't look at them weirdly (he doesn't strut or go "yo wazzup").

17. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Wow - interesting!

At least 25% of any average culture is what the people want to see.

At least 90% of any culture focused around such music is what the people want to see in themselves, because, simply, people buy what they would like to see themselves doing.

"That rap man sure is cool," said little Western Becky, "But I'll need that pounding bass and illiterate degredation of slang, maybe some black clothing, a dangling chain, and the attitude of a whiny jackass on a hill so I can act like him."

Then little Mo-Haw says, "Man, that cowboy singer is one hell of a dude. I better get a goofy-looking hat, an' a big truck fer my new horse and my fat wife and my barn. But I gots to have the music to be like him."

It fits the description that S Goddess happens to be spouting through her fingers the **** word, and talking about 'expressing' herself by clinging to the culture of a rap artist who has done nothing in his life besides hate and screw. Hmm.

Now about this 'normal' thing.

We all knew since 6th grade that there Is No Such Thing As Normal.

I think what Z is trying to say is that the rap people are expressing something that is ranked "RIDICULOUS" by the common nature of the Human Being. Perhaps this refers to the diligence found in nature, as no cat licks his fur a different way so other cats notice him (and so that he has a right to some invisible power which comes with self-expression) - a cat is smart enough to realize just how pointless that would be. The fur is cleaned in the end no matter how you do it, though not to say you can't prefer a certain way (just prefer it for the right reasons).

Perhaps, though, you think the same RIDICULOUS way of a cowboy, a pop singerette, or Z-Layrex himself (even though he's one of the news staff :) ).

Really, it's up to you. No matter what opinion you have, it is taken from those involved in your idealization.

And if you want to get technical, just live with the thought that we're all ****ing dip****s except you, yo yo yo. Am I right, yo big up?

"IDIOT, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. The Idiot's activity is not confined to any special field of thought or action, but "pervades and regulates the whole." He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable. He sets the fashions and opinion of taste, dictates the limitations of speech and circumscribes conduct with a dead-line."
    -Ambrose Bierce

[ October 05, 2002, 02:57: Message edited by: Xaelifer ]

18. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I guess according to Z, for many reasons, I would be an idiot and quite condemned for my difference in opinion and culture. Oops sorry, I'll try harder next time, Sire.

19. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

I don't think there's anything wrong with the music. I just think people are look like idiots when they do all the 'yo yo yo wassup' crap.

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] When I meet friends I somtimes say 'Yo!' but I'm just playin around.

I think Z is saying when they go overboard with it and just show off because they get payed to say it, and because if people think something is cool they will sometimes go overboard.

I don't think it was meant to offend - but going OTT with it is annoying

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.