1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen's Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by IaaA?, Mar 14, 2003.

1. IaaA? Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I read Extremist's "guide to romancing" for the normal game. (BTW, it is great).
    My problem is that I cannot seem to get the romance started. All the other female romances seem to be tied to <name>RomanceActive and LoveTalk (ToB EXPLoveTalk) variables. I have loaded the flirt talk addon and currently I am running romances with Tashia, Arie, Jaheira and Viconia with no problem. There seems to be extra variables for Imoen (several *MR variables). Does anybody have a succesful romance going with Imoen where they might email me a saved game as an attachment or list off the settings of the several variables. BTW Jaheira and Aerie have some really great lines (Aerie only if you haven't boinked her).

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You cant romance Imoen if you are romancing anyone else AFAIK.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] IaaA?, do you have ToB installed and you posted this in the wrong forum? Reply so we can move it where it should be if you have ToB installed.

4. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

After all, she is your sister... It's kinda... inconvinient... to have a romance with your sister... And ASFAIC she could have romance with someone else...

5. Stone Wolf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you want to ask questions about the Imoen Romance, you're probably better off asking here.

As for which globals are important, All I keep an eye on are "imoenromanceactive" and "kindnesscounter".

"Imoenromanceactive" should be set to 4 in Chateau Irenicus, and then back to 1 after the second new (Imoen Romance related) dream. You'll get those dreams after the first three "normal" dreams. After it gets set to 1, if it goes to 3 it means the romance is broken (you made her mad), and 4 means she only thinks of you as a friend.

"Kindnesscounter" only needs to be at 23 or higher when you leave the underdark.

You may have a problem with multiple romances. If you tell Aerie you love her, or sleep with either of the other two standard romances, it'll break the Imoen Romance.

As for the "MR" globals, those are primarily the countdowns to various conversations or dreams. You can set them to 1 to hurry them up, but it may make things a little screwy.

6. nodog Gems: 1/31

Hi...

I'm playing with the Imoen romance mod and don't know if I broke it.

The teambg site is down, I guess.
    Is there anywhere else to find info and how it should progress and how to fix it if you are an idiot?

I just left the asylum and she told me her dream... but seems to just want to be friends. Said she'd never love me.

So I am sad...

Thanks for any help!

7. Stone Wolf Gems: 1/31

You may have moved too fast--Imoen doesn't like that. Check the global: "imoenromanceactive". If it's at one, you're okay. If it's at 3 or 4, you've missed the chance for a romantic relationship with Imoen. You may not have broken it though, as at this point in the relationship she isn't really ready for a relationship with you.

This is quite a tricky relationship, so I'd suggest that you check that global after each talk with her. One is good, 3 and 4 are bad (though it's set to 4 early in the game it switches back to 1). You also need to make sure that the global "kindnesscounter" is set to 23 or higher when you leave the Underdark. You can get a total of 36 points up to that point, so it isn't too hard. Once TeamBG is back up you can check one of the sticky threads which details which talks give how many possible points, and gives a few tips on getting points.

8. nodog Gems: 1/31

Thanks so much... it had gone to four.

So I tried resetting it to one with shadowkeeper. Don't think it worked. Must have gone too far with one of the other relationships or tried to rush imoen.

After I reset it to one and we had that talk and I didn't push it, she cozied up to me in my arms... maybe I was trying to go too fast and she'll come around later.

So teambg will be back up? Cool.

Thanks again.

9. Stone Wolf Gems: 1/31

Oh, you should probably also check NoReturnMR, which gets set to 1 if you hose the relationship. If it's at zero or doesn't exist, I think all is good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.