1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

In lack of better.... "The arts thread".

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by olimikrig, Sep 5, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I thought it was about damn time we got some art on the poster! So everyone who have some nice drawings, paintings, etc... They want to share with the rest of us, please do post them here :) .

I can't recall wether I have posted any of these before (here anyways), so here they comes:

Russel Crowe in the role as Maximus. If anyone bothered to check my profile you'll notice that this is my picture

A little practice drawing #1

A little practice drawing #2

Gandalf - Had some troubles with the beard

Legolas and Aragorn - I messed Legolas' face a bit up, and the bagground bears the mark of my impatience

Anyone who frequents the Bioware Boards might have seen these before.
    As soon as I get my hands on a new scanner I'll add some of my newer material.

Again: Please do post some of your own stuff :)

All comments, be it criticism or shameless praising (especially the second one :shake: ), is more than welcome...

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:jawdrop: If I had a better handle on my palsy, this is what I'd want to draw. Nice work, olimikrig!

Most of my stuff are paintings and shadow doodle work while on the phone. Hmm, I'll see if our scanner works and maybe add a bit.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Why thank you Kuemper. I sure hope to see some of your material in the future.

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

:eek:

WHOA. </keanu> That is fantastik Olim!!

EDIT 'fantastiC' even! :heh:

The closest you'd ever get outta me is maybe a schematic of constructing Aragorn's sword - I'm more of a draughtsman than an artist, but BRAVO!

EDIT2: and wow; the oft-reviled Andar Gem! Yay! :banana: :banana:

5. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm not a pro. I do some sketching (more like random googling). But they are too few. We basically have the same style... shading. But you're better than me... especially with faces.

I loved the "Gladiator" but the left eye is a bit bothering, pupil is too far left. I felt some dizziness trying to duplicate that gaze. But I love the hair (hair, mustache, beard, fur) details.

I'm still trying to understand the "hand with a baton (or brush)"... I mean, what for? Or is that part of a bigger picture? But then it is a practice... as you said.

Still life was ok. Nice Idea of object behind a bottle. But could have been more interesting if the cup is the object in focus (or just the bottle). Or maybe a different angle.

Gandalf was ok. I'm not bothered with the beard.

Aragorn was ok, but I agree with you, Legolas looks like someone else.

Hope that helps you.

6. olimikrig

Media:
    I know, the eyes on the Russel drawing is a bit out of proportion. Also the left pupil has a bright, almost insane look, where the right one as all black. It's unfortunately too late to do anything 'bout that, since I've sprayed the drawing with concentrated fixative.

Really, nothing specially. It was simply a practice in focusing. It's not a part of a larger picture, no. However it took somewhat 10-20 minutes to do, where some of the others took rather 20-30 hours ;)

Personally I think it looks somewhat 'flat', and 2-dimensional. Also the transition from beard to mouth is imo not as good as it could have been.

Hope to see some of your work, even sketches, and thank for the constructive criticism. :)

7. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] :banana:
    I loved those, Maximus looks almost exacly the same as the real one. Gandalf and the others were good too. Of course a few lil errors here and there, but alot better then anything I (or anyone I know) can draw!

1-10 I give 8 :D

I love most art, keep it comming people!
    :banana:

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I love the Maximus and Gandalf pics!

I think the Gandalf one is subtle, and effective at portraying the Grey Pilgrim. :thumb:

9. olimikrig

Media:
    Just found this one laying on my comp. Can't remember ever beginning it and have no idea where it is :rolleyes: .
    Well, got to be around here somewhere, it would be a shame not finishing it...

10. Eldular Gems: 10/31

Nice, I like it, too much fur, but it's preaty damn good. :D

1-10

11. olimikrig

Media:
    My new goal in life: To get a pure 10 on the 'Eldular scale' :shake:

12. Eldular Gems: 10/31

For me 10=Perfect or extremly impressive, and I used to be in photoshop design forums, so good luck :p

Btw, you ever done any landscape drawings and such?

13. olimikrig

Media:
    I think I have some laying around here somewhere (I know I have done lots of landscape drawings, but most of them are probably throwned out). Unfortunately most of my drawings tend not to be finished :p

Apathic Empath: Just brag :p I'm getting the infamous Tchazar next :bang:

14. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The wolf was impressive. The only thing I can think of in improving the wolf is making the eyes a little bigger. But nevertheless, I can actually feel something when gazing into those eyes.

I hope you don't mind if I download the wolf.

15. olimikrig

Media:
    not at all. To be honest I'm very flattered.

16. Eldular Gems: 10/31

Here are some old stuff I did on photoshop when I had it, they are signatures for people on forums (used to be a mod and admin in several Gfx forums) they aren't my own renders, just brushes, each would take me a few hours to complete (G-C4 and C4Terr0r were nicks I used):

Call of Duty Sig Best one IMO.
    Flowery-Colorfull I was in a cheery mood :D
    Skeleton Head My fav! Sadly no one ever liked it as much as I did :(
    Halo 2 Sig Eh.
    Company-Style Sig I liked it myself, preaty good for a site banner IMO.
    Grunge Sig One of my first sigs ever.

17. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

My god, olimikrig! Is there anything you're not good at? I love them all! You sure have some talent!

18. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Those are really something else, Oli. I had no idea we had anyone with that kind of talent of SP :thumb:

19. olimikrig

Media:
    An Angel A little something I made some time ago. It has many flaws (such as asymetric brests), but I can live with that.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

the maximus was pretty good oli, and i liked the 2nd practice drawing as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.