1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Infinate Quest XP

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Logun Ironwolf, Aug 27, 2000.

1. Logun Ironwolf Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Anyone know anything about being able to get multiple XP in chapter 6 when you agree to kill the slaves? Something along the lines of talk to the slaves, then to the salamander, but make sure not to talk to one girl slave, or something like that

Anyone? Little help? :)

2. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I haven't heard this one. I was unaware that you could agree to kill the Slaves in chapter 6?

Are we talking about the same area that has the small girl that gives the key to the TOWER? Just clarifying where the location in Chap 6 that your referring to.

3. Logun Ironwolf Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

[​IMG] Whoops, sorry my bad. We're talking Chapter 5 in the upper and lower Musem. I actually managed to figure it out on my own. I chatted with the slaves, but avoided Vera. Then I chatted with the Salamander dude, led him to believe I was here from the Master. Then if you keep talking to him multiple times you tell him that the slave leader died in the the escape attempt. You can tell him this an infinate amount of times, but it is time consuming...soo....your call.

Cheers!
    Logun

4. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] If you really want to cheat, just do it the easy way and get the character modifier, it's a heck of a lot easier and you are still cheating by getting experience points that you didn't earn.

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Bingo! I was looking for clarification on what may be a bug -which it is-.

But Gunthar called it on this one -CHEATING!

I'm one of *those* who refuses to cheat in the game I play but it's still interesting to hear what is 'do-able' in a game with or without Editors.

G/L and when the hell is Shadows of Amn hitting the shelves? Not soon enough!

6. Wingfoot Guest

you can keep getting XP for killing the slaves. you need to kill Vera first, talk to the Frost Salmander leader, then kill the slaves and return to the leader. keep talking to him and you can keep telling him that you killed Vera and the slaves.

now i have already beat the game twice without cheating so i figured i'd try out this route. you probably get more XP for freeing the slaves and killing the Frost Salamanders. Vera was easy to kill, i got 1400 XP for killing here, plus 3 magic items that she had on here, but nothing worth keeping.

i think the best way to go about this is to free the slaves and kill the Frost Salmanders, from what i remember their leader had a good Spear.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.