1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Internet Explorer???

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by kuemper, Jun 23, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I opened up Internet Explorer to play RuneScape and the interface is all funky. The top bar is very Firefox-ish looking and the other toolbars (menu, address and links) are off to the left. When I right-click to check them, they appear to left of the main bar instead of underneath like it was yesterday. My taskbar is only visible when I put my cursor over it, even though it's supposed to be locked. The left, right and bottom edges of the screen are black and when I can get my taskbar to show up, the monitor looks very letter-boxed.

Is this a weird update from Windows? A bug? Help, I miss my old IE!

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

From what you describe, it seems you're now on IE7, dear marilith. How in the nine hells did you ended up on it without willingly download it, I have no idead... :confused:

Moreover, it's still a Beta, so what you describe could be some bugs.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Wild guess: you have automatic updates enabled?

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wordplay probably has your answer.

Click on Help and then click on "About Internet Explorer" to see what version you have. :thumb: :rolling:

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I had a slightly older version than my hubby - 6.1.00.8 blah, blah and he has 6.1.00.91 blah, blah. He had me d/l SP2 and double checked my toolbars. It still looks like Firefox got ahold of it (chunky, toddlerish buttons and letter boxed) and it's version 6.0.2900.2180.spxp_sp2_gdr.50301-1519.

I do have auto updates, so I don't have to see that begging-@$$ help window: Windows has new updates... blahbitty-blah. It was fine yesterday. Could Java have messed things up?

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @kuemper, I don't think Java could have any effect on the looks of IE. Why don't you post a screenshot?

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Here it is. I am sorry about it being so tiny, but I don't know how to make it bigger wiht Photobucket. :bad:

8. Alehldean

Alehldean For humanity's sake, please keep all appendages

Try hitting F11.

9. Morgoth

Media:
    If you copy paste the screenshot into mspaint it will be true size.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I did that, but Photobucket shrinks it to 1 MB in size no matter how big/small the shot is.

11. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    As mentioned by Alehldean somehow you hit the F11 key. Hitting it again will make it look like you are used to.

12. Morgoth

Media:
    Ooooh photobucket is an imagesite, never mind me.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I hit F11. Hey, you guys are super smart-tasic! :thumb: Have a cookie.

14. Alehldean

Alehldean For humanity's sake, please keep all appendages

Yummmm, free cookies! :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.