1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is it just me, or is EOU wildshape overpowered

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Mongerman, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Havent tried alternate shapeshifting before, so I decided to take it for a spin in HOF. The new shapes are just insane. The half dragon forms deal incredible dmg. Is it just me, or are thry overpowered?

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yes it's insane. Like much else Weimer touched is this component also overpowered. Still Weimer is sort of a guru to modders AFAIK.

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yep, they are rather powerful. 'Tis a side-effect of using a Weimer component.

4. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

'Rather' seems an understatement. Even the early wildshapes are overpowered. Especially the Big fire worm thingy

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, but the original ones were underpowered. I still like this mod, but it has to be used with caution. For example, you could make a druid with crappy wisdom, who makes up for his poor spellcasting with great wildshapes. Or you could use the wildshape as a last resort that only kicks in when the druid gets to below 30 hit points (kind of a like an Incredible Hulk transition that is only triggered by anger).

Use your imagination, but if you combine the new wildshapes with all your existing power tactics then you will be stupidly overpowered.

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

What if they bumped up the difficulty or even (GASP) HoF mode from the go :D

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @Silvershield: Increasing the difficulty of the whole game because of a few wildshapes? I think that is getting a bit silly.

If you want to make the game harder for yourself, then play with a party that hasn't been optimised for efficiency. Play with a strong theme to the group and it seems to be more interesting through the game, IMO. Try not using a tank, for example.

8. Fly2tHeSkY

Hehe I'm just saying, if they're THAT overpowered why not?

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    'Cause you don't have to use them or even take a druid. Or you could do what HB suggested and only use them in specific conditions.
    :p

10. Fly2tHeSkY

I guess it would become a lil' more ethical to use them in HoF because everything's just crazy there :D

11. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Well...I thought that was the whole point of the alternate shapeshifting mod... :)

12. aidan eeldrein Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I hate mods. Why not play the game as it is? This way you avoid bugs and all sorts of other unpleasant things. Cheats, overpowered weapons and stuff like this are for gamers who don't have what it takes to play a game from head to tail.

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    That's perhaps a little too sweeping a comment there, aidan. ;)

While some mods do make games less difficult, there are also ones to make 'em harder and some that have barely any effect on the overall difficulty. Indeed, if you are careful, then you can largely avoid bugs entirely.

Although I do agree that cheats and over-powered weapons should be avoided.

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

@aidan eeldrein

Well, after playing the game from start to finale for quite a few times (I think I have done four or five runs through IWD2 in unmodded game before) you do start to look for something new, and if there are mods to enhance your game play and add new content, you do not need another game!

With so many quality mods for BG2 here, my BG2 now is very fresh and now thanks to IA mod nowadays, my BG2 is just like an all-new game, which I look forward to play again! But I am getting off-topic here...

Ofcourse you must be ever careful and selective, and should avoid unbalanced mods and components for your games, or there will be conflicts or you may not enjoy your game any more.

EoU's shapeshifting is VERY powerful and unbalanced, period. If you do not enjoy being that powerful, then do uninstall that component, that is the best advice I can give to you! If you enjoy, however, congratulations! Keep playing your game the way you like or want! It is your game, after all! Have fun, that is the most important thing!

15. aidan eeldrein Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I did not mean to insult anybody. I respect you all just for playing this game. I'm a bit too "do-everything-by-the-book" kind of guy, so maybe that's why my opinion was a bit to harsh. I finished all Forgotten Realms games several times, starting with Icewind Dale, but never, I repeat, NEVER used any cheats.

16. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

i for one cant see the point in buffing druids forms, in my experience the normal ones are quite powerfull if used along with the druids spellcasting options

17. NickH Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I generally follow this principal but with IWD-1 I had to cheat to get travel between some locations due to a bug :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.