1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Sarevok gay?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by vlad, Apr 20, 2003.

1. vlad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Not trying to make fun of sarevok or anything but... In ToB ending (after you kill Amelissan and all the char histories show up), it says that sarevok went to search for his true love Tamoko. Thats probably the same Tamoko you face in the 2nd challenge of your stronghold. And unless im really mistaken, Tamoko is a man... So what do you think? :confused:

[ April 20, 2003, 13:38: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Tamako is a woman, dude.

The name is a feminine japanese one in the first place.

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I assure you, Sarevok is not gay on Tamoko's account. Play through BG1, and you'll find out that Tamoko was Sarevok's female consort. Tamoko's paper doll in TofB never led me to believe that she was a man.

Get both Sarevok and Viconia in your party, and you'll watch Viccy try to convince Sarevok to be her plaything. Sarevok admits to temptation, but thinks with his head instead of another part of his anatomy.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Also, if you read the book, there are parts in it that clearly show that Tamoko is a woman. :rolling:

5. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well he is in my party, kind of, after I put the gender bender belt on him.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I was talking with someone the other day about Sarevok, and the topic of romancing him came up, my friend wanted to do a gay romance between the PC or Jan :lol:

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

8People, that is the weirdest thing I ever heard. In any case, for future reference, if you ever see a Japanese name that ends in "ko" it is almost certainly a female name -- I can't think of any exceptions. That "ko", for anyone who cares, is actually the symbol for child, and I don't think it is ever used in any male names. The fact that women are automatically associated with children in the Japanese linguistic mindset should tick off all the feminists here.

Getting back to Sarevok, if he were gay and frustrated, it would explain why he is so pathologically angry all the time! However, he is most certainly not gay.

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, if someone really wants to play a homosexual romance that's availabe for download, that's his or her thing.

However, Sarevok doesn't strike me as fitting material for a gay romance. Think about it. How how much luggage are the two of you going to bring to that relationship?

Sarevok murdered Gorion, and tried his hardest to get you killed throughout all of BG1.

You wasted Sarevok once in BG1, a second time in hell, and possibly a third time during Ascension.

Suppose it doesn't work out, and I'm sure it wouldn't, will everything end amicably like a divorce settlement or such? No way. More like round 3 with swords a swingin'.

Thinking out loud about all this just makes my skin crawl.

9. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think it's not only in the japanese linguistic mindset. But anyway, my candidate for YMCA-membership would be Anomen.

Jan is a gnome. That's gnome, not gay.

Sarevok, imho, is the classic case of heterosexual loosing his favourite babe Tamoko and ends up lonely and broken hearted. There's no other woman who could replace her. Not even Viconia, because she's my PC's favourite Chick. :D :D :D

I am such a chauvinist. But I have to go now and clean the dishes. :D

[ April 23, 2003, 18:46: Message edited by: Yago ]

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

What if you were a female PC? A mod that made a sarevok romance would be hilarious. There's an Imoen one, right? And she's supposedly your sister, so if a male can romance his 1/2 sister, then why not a female her 1/2 brother?

Incest is best -- keep it in the family!

11. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm not sure about all this incest is the best, but sarevok romance is in works. Check the FW Studios forums to see how far it is, but I would be surprised if they have actually finished writing the dialogues. I have serious doubts whether it will be completed, though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.